Lesser of the Two Evils

Thank you @hw6404 for voting and the very rare comment XD. Hope you enjoy ;)

I gasped and squirmed underneath him, refusing to look him in the eye. My heart beat frantically as I clawed his skin, searching for a way to be released.

"Don't be so disobedient", he whispered sultrily into my ear. "I told you I like the wild ones".

I stilled immediately but firmly set my head sideways, praying he wouldn't try and force me to do anything. My prayers seemed to go unanswered, however, as his hand gripped my jaw tightly and he pulled my chin towards him.

"Look at me", he whispered.

My chest heaved and my breaths came out like pants as I forced the wave of emotions to not overtake my rationality. I wasn't going to beg to him nor cry or plead. I would remain calm. People of his disposition didn't like that. They craved a reaction.

Caving in, I looked into his eyes, expecting the narcissistic monster to be present, only to find normal looking hazel eyes. I stared back at him, forcing my hands to stop trembling and my heart to calm down.

Don't give him the response he wants.

He smirked as he looked down at me smugly and trailed a finger across the outline of my lips. I remained unflinching, staring back into his eyes stubbornly.

He would tire of this soon. Hang on a little more. Think about Mum and Dad and that surprise party they threw you a few years ago. How Sarah fell face-first into the pool because she was walking whilst texting and how Sarah's dad toppled over the tiered cake when he ran in to get her out.

As he leaned in closer and closer, I forced myself to remain within my memories, focusing on the happy past rather than the present. His hand slowly made its way to my hair and his lips brushed gently against my own.

There was a faint noise in the background, a distracting thumping noise but I couldn't hear it properly through the thick doors.

His lips then touched mine bringing my attention back to him and I fought off the revulsion, forcing myself to remain still and unmoving. He languidly kissed me, his hand tugging on my hair. "Kiss me back", he murmured against my lips.

No. I would not.

Clenching my fists, I kept my lips sealed. He would only ever get unresponsive, even if he forced me.

"So that is the game you want to play", he snarled softly. "Well, it takes two to play so I'll just be the offence".

"And, I'll be the defence. From now till forever", I whispered back.

"Good. A bird is prettiest when it tries to fly away. Makes it all the more exciting". He lowered his lips back down to mine when suddenly, the door slammed open. The door bounced off the wall, causing the windows to rattle slightly. I pushed Mikhail away from me and apprehensively peered over his shoulder to see the woman who bumped into me on the pack grounds standing there, her mouth open in shock.

Jacob stumbled in beside her, his arm outstretched as if to grab her but it was clearly too late. Her hair was swept back as if she had run here and her cheeks were flushed an angry red as she took in Mikhail pushing me up against the wall. I tried to push him away in embarrassment but he just grinned and gripped my hands tightly.

"You-" She exclaimed, her chest heaving in anger.

"Cyra!" Jacob hissed, trying to grab her. She shrugged off his hands, shaking as she stared at me. "Not right now!"