Threats

❤️ This is for @enairisbsask  Thanks for all your sweet words and support! ❤️

"Be true to your word, Arya. This man is no good for you", the voice whispered in my head.

I quickly let go of his hand and brought them close to my body and I could tell he was disappointed by my movement. I could still feel his hand like phantom pain around my hand so I flexed my fingers under the table to ward off those feelings whilst giving him a tight-lipped smile.

I reminded myself of the plan; don't accommodate yourself for him - he has to talk. Don't let him be in control of the conversation. And don't get emotionally involved. However, I couldn't force him to talk straight away - I would play along with him for a bit.

"This is the plan I have set out in order to help you. I will now be asking you personal questions - you do not have to answer them if it gets uncomfortable. For every question, I would like you to write down an answer. Understand?"

He nodded, sitting forward in his chair, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. He held his hand out for the pen and paper. I complied as placed a notepad in his hand and rummaged through my pencil case for a pen. As I held it out for him, he wrapped his fingers around the pen and my index finger and tugged it softly. I yanked my finger back as if I had been burned and glared at him.

He chuckled, a deep throaty laugh that sent delicious shivers throughout my body. It was as if he knew about my vow to ignore him and he was playing games with me. He was like a tidal wave, beautiful from afar, but dangerous the closer you got until one day you get submerged by its mighty force - and there is no going back. Fighting against these feelings was like swimming against the current. Lucky for me, I was a good swimmer and I was determined to get to safety.

I brushed off his effects and got to work. Flipping through my book, I opened a list of questions and started to ask them, giving him a break in between to write an answer.

"Firstly, I want you to write down anything about yourself that you're willing to tell me or think I should now".

"Tell me about your medical history".

"What is your family history and do you have any relationships?"

I ignored the flutter on my heart as he looked up and gave me a low sensual smile at the word relationships and then turned his attention back to the paper.

"Tell me something you find frightening"

There was a pause after I said this. He looked at me contemplatively as if he didn't have anything that scared him before he wrote a one-word answer.

"What makes you happy?"

"What things do you like?"

He put down the pen and looked at me for that question. He tilted his head towards me as if gesturing to me. I scoffed. As if I was going to fall for that. I opened my mouth to ask another question when a guard rapped on the window to say my time was up.

I took the paper off him and placed it with my stuff walking out without a second glance or a goodbye. This was the last session of this week which came as both a relief and a sense of longing.

Again, I was going to sneak out the paper he wrote on and leave a random paper in his file instead. Sam was probably not allowed to look through his file as she didn't treat him so I could get away with it. She watched me with less scrutiny today and I successfully hid the paper in my bag amongst sanitary products.