See more: part 4

Mateo and I soon started getting along which was pretty surprising since I found him annoying and childish in the beginning.  Well, I still find him annoying and childish but now I enjoy seeing those sides of him. To be exact it's been three months since I gave him my socials and we've texted each other nonstop for those three months. 

"Shorty! wait up" Mateo yelled out while running out of the seven eleven that was just across our school. "No you walk too slow and I want to get there before the teacher does" I replied as if I was the smartest kid at our school. 

"Dude the teacher won't get kidnapped if you don't show up on time"

"You never know! She can be walking up the stairs and then boom she gets kidnapped" 

He stared at me for the longest second trying to process what I just said and to be honest I was also confused at what I said.

"It was an attempt towards humor! Don't judge me" I said all red and filled up with embarrassment. "Well, at least you tried" He replied while letting out a laugh. His laughter always made me feel warm and nice. I'm pretty thankful I met him. 

**BEEP**

"Shit!! we're late! Mateo you asshat!"

"It's not my fault!! you fart!!" 

*2 hours later*

"Ej can I ask you something?" asked a girl with long black hair wearing a blue sweater. I've never seen this girl in my life so I'm pretty confused about what she wants from me.  She started heading to the seat next to mine which I saw as a bad idea since the kid who sits there usually comes to class around this time. "Well um..yeah but I suggest you move from there" I answered nervously. "Why? this is my seat I think I should be allowed to sit here" with that my mind totally just shut off. This was absolutely embarrassing! I've been sitting next to her for almost five months and never realized it!

"Holy fuck! I'm sorry! I don't really pay attention to the people around me so I never realized that you sat next to me. This is just" Before I could finish I was cut off with a question I never knew would bother me. 

"Ej! What's your relationship with Mateo?" 

"...What?" 

I never answered her question nor do I ever want to answer her question. What's even more frustrating is that I don't understand why I don't want to answer her. I could just tell her we're just friends and that's all we are. But if she asked me that, that would mean she likes Mateo and wants to know his sexual orientation and if he's straight then he likes girls and that would mean he might date her and he would leave me and I would be alone again and-. And I don't want that. 

Why don't I want that? 

A/N

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY ABSENCE!! I promise I'll try updating earlier in the future!! I'm currently doing homework while writing this!! School hasn't been on my side at all!! I'm also trying to pace this story slowly. I also want to share facts about my character!! But I can't do that till I finish the story :( I hope you're all doing well!!

REMEMBER YOU'RE VALID AND LOVED. REMEMBER TO DRINK LOTS OF WATER AND GET PLENTY OF REST

-Mouse