See More: Part 8

*Two months later*

Grimace recently started hanging around my friend group during lunch. He only started hanging out with us because he walked past us and saw me in the corner talking to Mai.  I wouldn't say I'm pleased but I'm not uncomfortable with it. He's just really quiet and only really speaks to steve. 

Turns out that Grimace and Mateo don't actually hang out with each other and I was shocked by that because both were equally annoying. 

"Ej, Mateo wanted me to ask you if you were going to come to his class today?" turns out that Axel has a class with Mateo and I've been going to their class ever since axel invited me. Their teacher was a geek who didn't care who was in his class and he was really fucking annoying. He once tried to kick me out because Mateo and I were wrestling with each other. 

"Yup imma pop by the snack bar and get some oranges and head over there" I responded.

*One hour later*

"Ej! sit here!" Mateo yelled out from across the room. I head over to the seat next to him and hand three oranges to Axel and I start to peel one for me and Mateo. It might seem weird that I'm handing three oranges to axel well the thing is axel is basically addicted to oranges so I always buy him some on my way to this class. Mateo and I share an orange because we just felt like it all of sudden so that's how it's always been. 

*Ding*

Mai: EJ IS IT TRUE YOU GAVE MATEO A HICKY!!

*What the hell*

Me: No what the heck!! who told you that!!

Mai: Mateo had a bruise on his next and told us you gave him a hickey

I don't really mind Mateo talking about me to others but telling them I sucked on his skin is kinda going too far. I turn to Mateo and punched him on his arm. He jumped in shock and just stared at me for a good minute before opening his mouth. Of course, I cut him off just to yell at him. 

"You told Mai I gave you a hickey! What is wrong with you!" I shouted at him until I felt like my lungs were going to pop. All he did was laugh at me for making it into a big deal. 

"Ok but it looks like a hickey doesn't it" 

"No, it doesn't "

"in my defense, you're the one who bit my neck"

"And in my defense, you bit me first" 

a few weeks back I tried to get Mateo's phone since he's always playing on mine and that didn't really work out since he started to bite my hand and in self-defense, I proceeded to bit his neck which left a bruise. 

"It does look like a hickey," Axel said as he shoved his last orange in his mouth. 

"I don't remember asking you!" I replied.

Mateo was still laughing and having the time of his life and I just looked at him.

Mateo had a pretty scratchy laugh but I loved it when he laughed. His smile will grow wide and his sharp teeth will show. His eyes squinted as if he was having trouble seeing clearly. His cheeks flushed red like a bright apple. His nose wrinkled as a baby would. His hair shook like the leaves on a tree. 

Mateo was beautiful in every single way and I wanted to tell him but my mouth wouldn't dare to open. 

For some reason, my throat felt dry and my eyes felt full.

A/N

I haven't watched anime in a hot minute. I'm supposed to be doing my Spanish h.w but I don't get it so here I am.  

Remember that you're valid and loved. Also, remember to drink plenty of water and to get enough rest!!

-Mouse