Ch. 1 Maddie's Shadow Magic

Fifteen years later, Maddie was dreaming about the incident that happened with the rampage. There was fire,blood,and bodies everywhere. Then this darkness consumed her then she woke up instantly.

"Why do I keep having these dreams, that seriously scarred me for life". Maddie got out of her bed and just went to do her daily morning routine. As she was brushing her teeth she keep hearing these strange whispers. She ignored it then she saw this black mist then she got scared. "Hello is there anyone there". The moment she turns around it stops.

"Its fine everything...I'm fine.OK I'm normal everyone has heebie-jeebies". Maddie always felt like she was a mutant, she didn't get tested so she acts strange sometimes. She changed out of her PJ's into some black shorts,a white shirt with a blue jean jacket,and black converses. She made her way downstairs. She saw her dad in the kitchen looking at papers.

"Dad its happening again I need more medicine" she said. "Having those dreams again I'm gonna be broke if I keep giving you money". "Not my fault swear this town is acting like its normal. Its not and who knows what they are doing to the mutants at the camps" she said. "Whatever were going to the store soon to get some groceries and some medicine" said her dad.

Few minutes later,they walked into the store. As you know Maddie was the only kid in her generation who didn't get tested. Her parents don't care what people say they know what's best her their daughter. Once they get into the store Maddie always gets stares from people. It did make her uncomfortable but she tried to ignore it. She walked to the medicine section to get something to relax her. That's when three of the meanest older kids walked up to Maddie.

"Woah stay back guys she might be a freak mutant" the boy said laughing. "Leave me alone an fyi my friend was a mutant so that's very offensive" she said. "Oooo your friends with freaks considering you are one because you didn't get tested". Maddie was really annoyed so she grabbed her medicine and tried to walk away. But two boys grabbed her.She was saved until her mom called her. When she turns around the boys call her all sorts of names. Then it triggered her, her eyes turned black like a sharks. Then she immediately with her mind started choking the boys and threw them against the hall.

She was shocked for what she did. She stared at her hands as they begin to shake. One of those boys yelled out loud "SHE'S A MUTANT". Everyone stared at her and her parents dropped everything and rushed out the store and to the car. Once they were in they took off. "Its okay sweetie no one is taking you, we are going straight home" said her dad. Next thing you know they were being chased by a entire police force. Until then her dad drove recklessly his only choice was to get them out of the city. Until they were surrounded by a government S.W.A.T Team. Maddie knew her parents were gonna go to jail for this so she sacrifice herself to help her parents. "I'm sorry mom and dad but I have to do this". She jumped out the car with her hands in the air. "Please leave my parents alone I'm the one you want please them let go and I'll go with you". She told her parents to drive away they did but close enough to see what was gonna happen then Maddie ran. She sprinted running away from stuff, her parents saw her escape so they drove off.

Once again her eyes turned black and she didn't know but she was using her powers to destroy everything in her path that was stopping her from escaping.For some hours they were chasing her all across town. She finally ran into an open field. They couldn't go in because of their cars and Vans. So they sended people On four wheelers to get her. She shouted help hoping someone will answer her. But someone did answer her,some kids came out of the shadows. Four mysterious people help and destroy the people on the four wheelers. They started playing a frequency that only kids can hear but it feels like agony to mutants.

But the kids didn't feel it but Maddie did. They finished off the people on the four wheelers. When the frequency was gone maddie was on the ground and the last thing she saw were four black shadows then she Fainted.