Chapter 25- Kalopsia

What the hell? "Wait, so you weren't angry?" I asked him softly as I hissed underneath my breath.

"Not exactly" He replied me while still laughing. To say I wasn't tempted to rip Jaden into shreds would be a huge lie.

Almost immediately he had said that was when I slapped my right hand on my face "Could you at least stop laughing please?"

"Nope" Jaden delightfully told me "It was absolutely fun to watch you beg me" He laughed some more "You should have seen your face" He continued making a mockery of me.

In that instant, I felt like a big fool and my brain began plotting revenge. I was resting my back on the counter. I felt something bulging against my back.

Fortunately for me, it was one of the pans
"You pretended to be mad, so that I could beg you?" I asked him in a pursuit to distract him from noticing that I was grabbing the pan and he felt hook, line and sinker.

"Yeah dummy" I heard him say while smirking.

Since the pan was already in hand, I brought it out and attempted to hit the pan on him playfully but his reflexes were fast and he had seized the pan in a blink of an eye.

As soon as he has seized the pan, he began tickling me. The pan fell on the floor and made a huge noise.

Regrettably for me, my body was ticklish, so I really had no choice but to giggle."Stop Jaden" I said in between giggles but he kept tickling me.

"Jaddeennn" I continued laughing while stressing his name out "Please stop"

Jaden ceased tickling me and looked at me. His eyes were gleaming with mischief
"Douchebag" I mumbled out for him to hear. By now, I was extremely close to him. I could literally smell his cologne and he kept his eyes steadily on mine.

It was obvious this was getting very awkward yet we just kept staring at each other without uttering a single word.

Eventually, I cleared my throat and Jaden shook his head, perhaps to snap himself back to reality "We should probably conclude loading the dishes into the dishwasher" Jaden told me.

How did we just go from laughing to having an awkward stance? I scrutinized his facial expression and he looked bland "Sure" I tell him.

"And Jaden?" I called out to him.

"Yeah?" He replied me still loading the dishes into the dishwasher He hadn't even bothered to look at me when I called him.

"Thanks-"I smiled" I mean thanks for covering up for Genesis and I" I expressed my gratitude. A saw a smile lit up his face.

His smile was kind of contagious because I found myself smiling too "It's no big deal" Jaden shrugged while retaining the smile from earlier "But you owe me one"
He told me and then winked.

"I think by making a fool out of myself I made everything equal" I laughed. By now, we were done loading the dishes into the dishwasher.

Jaden came closer to me "Nope, doesn't count" He smugly whispered into my ear.

Chills began running down by body and my heart skipped a beat as I sensed his breathe on my body.

Jaden then left the kitchen with a smirk. I was convinced he had done that on purpose simply to get a reaction from me and I had given it to him. I reprimanded myself for falling it.

After about thirty seconds, Jaden returned to the kitchen "I forgot to ask- what did I miss?"

He was clearly referring to what had transpired after he had left "Nothing much apart from how all three of them acted like three selfish egoistical jerks" I started explaining to him.