Chapter 43 - Alethiology

"I am Ludmila" The black haired pointed to her chest as she introduced herself excitedly "Say it after me- Lyud-mi-la"

Anyone could literally read the disdain off my face when she commanded to say her name after her.

Immediately she reiterated - 'Say after me'

Instantly, we all looked over to Dr Matt's face with puzzled expressions on and he gave us a pleading look that clearly meant 'Please just go along with it'

A sigh escaped from my lips.

"Lyud-mi-la" We all tried pronouncing the name together.

She grinned and brought out her hand to shake each of us ever so eagerly.

"My turn" The plump one said eagerly "I'm Agatha"

Fortunately for us, she didn't make us reiterate her name after her and neither did she bother shaking our hands. I didn't like her name but I sure liked her personality in a way.

"As you all know- I'm Clarice" Clarice said while beaming conspicuously.

"Now can we get to the questions?" I nodded my head in response.

"Sure-" Ludmila agreed "After a cup of lemon grass tea- I'll go fetch it now" I'm pretty sure my glare must have burnt a hole at the back of her head as she left the room with Clarice and Agatha went along with her.

Nevertheless, I hoped the lemon grass was delicious because I was really hungry.

John sighed with relief went they had left "They seem friendly enough"

"And annoying" I added.

"At least they don't seem to want to kill us" Genesis objected.

"For now" I retorted. I began fiddling with the bracelet Jaden had given me earlier- even though it seemed like ages ago. I would do anything to talk to him and hear his assuring voice.

John and Dr Matt were engaged in a conversation since there were sitting close to each other on the couch.

"Remember, do not drink the grass whatever" Dr Matt warned us. My stomach growled immediately it heard that warning.

Are you kidding me? – My stomach was literally howling and he didn't want us to drink the lemon grass tea?

If they had wanted to kill us, they would have done so by now.

Just then, the witches entered with some sort of mud pot with mud cups. I presumed the so called lemon grass tea was inside the mud pot.

First the mud house, then mud pots and cups, they seemed to be living in the stone age even though the main parts in Philia were civilized. To be honest, I didn't even see any sign of electricity.

"Here you go" Agatha handed a cup to each of us and helped us pour the tea from the mud pot.

"Thank you" I whispered to her. The tea smelt so nice that I wanted to cry because I couldn't drink it.

The aroma was literally suffocating my lungs and I knew I was going to pass out. I closed my eyes and sanctified the drink.

If it was my time to go, then let me go but hell was I going to allow this tea get cold without tasting it. I brought the mud cup to my lips, preparing myself to drink it. I saw Dr Matt shake his head but I ignored it and took a sip from the cup.

My stomach was filled with butterflies the instance I had taken a sip from the cup.

HOW. COULD. LEMON. GRASS. TEA. TASTE. SO. GREAT?