Chapter 23 - Numpty

In ten minutes, we had gotten to Jaden's house and we had all gotten down and headed straight for the door.

Jaden was in front of us and he paused when we got to the door "Are we ready" He asked us as he sucked a great amount of air in.

Genesis nodded and Jaden looked at me waiting for a response. "Sure" I replied him.

Jaden opened the door and we all entered. "We're home" He shouted for the whole house to hear.

We headed straight to the sitting room. I doubted if Ellen and Jemima were at home because Ellen would have probably gone to work and Jemima would have gone to school.

Soon enough, I started hearing footsteps coming into the sitting room and I saw both Dr Matt and John. They both looked irate.

"Where did you guys go to?" Dr Matt asked us with an edge to his toned voice. I swallowed down the ball of spit in my mouth and waited for one of the boys to speak up.

"We went to Queens" Genesis answered Dr Matt in a small voice. Honestly, I could feel the heat of Dr Matt's anger radiating off his face.

At least we were back now and he could clearly see that we were safe. "I told you guys to stay put, didn't I?" Dr Matt asked us while giving us a stern expression.

"We wanted to help" I finally found my voice.

"Zoey's our sister and it just didn't feel right to stay here and do nothing" Genesis chimed in.

"We are sorry for disobeying your orders but we wanted to be desperately useful" I apologized on our behalf.

Dr Matt groaned "We are sorry if that helps the matter" Jaden chirped in.

Out of the blue, I saw John touch shoulder Dr Matt's shoulder and say "Cut them some slack"

Dr Matt nodded his head in response to what John had said "Jaden" He roared as he turned to look at him "Ellen was worried sick about you, she almost called the cops to report that you were missing" Dr Matt reprimanded "At least, you should have answered her calls and assured her that you were safe "

It's not like Jaden was gone for like three days, he had only been gone for a day, a freaking day. In my opinion, she was freaking out for nothing. Jaden wasn't a young boy anymore- He was nineteen.

"My phone battery died" Jaden lied through his teeth.

Dr Matt pinched the bridge of his nose and turned his attention to Genesis and I "And both of you shouldn't have ever left" Dr Matt scolded us.

Genesis and I both kept quiet as he yelled at us.

"But I guess the deed has been done" I heard Dr Matt say before exhaling nosily "I'm just glad you guys are alright"

Alas, it seemed like he had finally cooled down.

"Genesis said you guys found some answers" John proceeded to say after the whole drama Dr Matt had displayed. I noticed that John didn't really bother scolding us.
He just stayed glued to the spot behind Dr Matt.

He probably wasn't mad at us for going out to look for answers but he just had to pretend to be mad for the sake of Dr Matt.

From what I could see, Dr Matt was the head of the protectors "And who told you that?" I raised my eyebrows questionably.

"Genesis texted me earlier again saying he had some exciting new for us" John responded to him.

Immediately, I eyed Genesis and he gave me "What" look.

Dr Matt looked sort of pleased with the fact that we had new information regarding the case "Mind sharing the information with us?" Dr Matt asked him.