Chapter 40 - Anomia

"How do we go in?" I sighed.

"That's what we are yet to find out" Dr Matt told us.

"What do you mean? There must be some sort of way in" Genesis stated.

"We never said there wasn't" Dr Matt reasoned out "No one has seen the witches for years nor ever entered the cave"

That was even more mysterious "So you don't how to get into the cave is what you're saying?"

"Unfortunately" John answered.

"Why did we come all the way then?" I fell down to the floor clearly down casted "For all we know, the witches might be dead" I further added.

"There's an inscription written on the entrance of the cave" Dr Matt told us "No one has been able to decipher what it truly means"

Curious to see what Dr Matt had said, I walked passed John and to the wall next to the cave and saw the inscription.

"Maybe if we can decode what it truly means, we would be able to get into the cave" John explained Dr Matt's point.

I ran my hand on the inscription written on the wall right before the cave.

It said; - A Phoenix lit up in the skies on a moonlit night.

Phoenix? The familiar word was appearing again and this time I remembered my dad had mentioned it to be me once when we were out stargazing.

My dad had shown me the Phoenix constellation and suddenly something clicked within me.

A Phoenix lit up in the skies on a moonlit night? Clearly, that meant the Phoenix constellation itself because the Phoenix constellation sometimes lit up the sky at night.

My mind started racing as I began trying to consider this possibility. "Are you alright?" Genesis put his hand on my shoulder.

"My dad" I shoved his hand away rather rashly.

Dr Matt and John looked at me strangely. "What about your dad?" John asked me. I proceeded to hide my face in both my palms. I had to remember what he said.

It was clearly important in this situation I was in.

"Alina" Dr Matt called out my name in an authoritative voice. I whipped my head in his direction.

"What did your dad say?" He probed.

"Stargazing" I paused. Genesis raised his eyebrows in question to what I was saying.

"He made sure we went stargazing fortnightly" I continued saying "On this particular night, he showed me this particular constellation that represented the Phoenix bird"

Genesis' face struck with light "You mean the Phoenix constellation is the supposed Phoenix that lights up the night according to the inscription?"

John's mouth fell open while Dr Matt stared at me.

"That makes perfect sense" Dr Matt clapped his hands "But how those help us with anything?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out" I sighed.

"There must be a clue in what he told you" John told me. I shook my head, trying to recollect the events that night. He had just said that constellation was supposed to represent the Phoenix bird.

"Are you sure?" John asked me. I thought wide and hard but yet I couldn't come up with anything that related to opening the cave.

The inscription on the cave was undoubtedly talking about the Phoenix constellation and it couldn't have been a coincidence that my dad told me about the Phoenix constellation.