Chapter 7: The scary celebration

Mark's PVO
Let me just list the thousand other places I would like to be right now... but no I am stuck here at this Grand celebration for the success of saving our kind.
I do appreciate the efforts of the doctors and scientists that made the antidote.
Don't get me wrong, that was the need of the hour. I did lose few members of my pack because of this deadly disease.

I  want to celebrate the cure but trust me I don't want to celebrate it here... with where the with this dickhead  prince.

He isn't even alpha yet and already has thinks he is the king. The king is a good man though. He is the only reason I made this alliance. My pack won't hurt them their pack won't hurt us. We will help each other in times of need. The deal is simple

I saw a girl walk through the door with a man by her side. Both are humans I could smell them. How did they invite humans here? Do they want to bust out our secrete? Besides any wolf could go wild and hurt them. The girl had brunette hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink gown and had a diamond necklace on. Why do I feel that I have seen it before?

I was observing her when my beta broke my attention. "Alpha we would be meeting the doctors who invented the antidote in half an hour. They have arrived."

We have 40% shares of the research institute. We received the antidote 4 days back and it worked like a miracle. My pack is finally at peace.
I wanted to thank the inventors personally so that is the only reason I am here.

I walked towards the girl she was standing alone as her escort had left.
"Are you new here?"

"Yes," she replied in a soft voice.

"And you are invited because?"  I questioned

"Sorry? Oh yes.. ahh I am a part of the research team which prepared the antidote" She looked confused for a second but then answered me.

Ever since I saw her my wolf hasn't been himself. He became alert and was looking for any signs of danger towards her. I asked him why is he so dicey but he would just say two words "Protect her." Nothing else. I finally gave up on my wolf and decided to find my answers on my own.

I trust my wolf and his intuitions so I decided to know this girl a little more. She told me her name was Niya and she shifted here about a week ago.

At the very moment she was talking to me somebody pushed Niya from behind and she was about to trip when I caught her. My wolf was angry. He was all ready to kill the person behind Niya.
I held a protective arm over Niya and pushed her behind me.

"Bitch have you popped your eyes," the girl said with anger laced in every word.

"I am sorry I don't have eyes both ways" Niya walked beside me.

Niya's comment cracked me a bit. I know this girl she is the one who keeps on revolving around the so-called prince.
You could call her his personal slut.

"Do you even know who you are talking to? " The prince is my mate," she said proudly

"I have no idea what that means." Niya said calmly bouncing her shoulders. 

This seems to have angered the slut and she extended her claws. I immediately pushed her and pinned her to the wall.

"Don't you dare try to hurt her? I will rip your throat off"
"So she is with you alpha Mark.... huh?" she said not believing yet

"You won't live long enough to know." I slammed her on the nearest pillar.

"Enough" the king's voice boomed.
"Mark this isn't what I expect out of you." I looked behind to check if Niya is safe but she wasn't there.