Chapter 36: Two Heads

How can you miss someone you've never met?'Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet

'Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet

SAGE POV

I open my eyes and I find myself in the car but I wasn't the one behind the wheels. Blue was while I sat in the passenger seat.

I tried to touch her shoulder but my hand went through her body. I called her name "Blue?" But she didn't listen. Her head rested against the seat with her eyes closed. She was unconscious. I looked down at the time in neon green and it said 12:32 AM. I knew what was about to go down. I knew all too well.

I hear her moan in pain as she finally comes to her sense. The back of her head already bleeding. She winced and touched her head, looking at the blood on her hand. She looks down at herself and tries to unstrap the seatbelts but she couldn't. She couldn't unstrap them at all. It was like they were jammed inside the clip. She started panicking, trying to pull the belt, trying to get free.

I wished I could do something. Anything but I couldn't. That same voice kept ringing in my ear nonstop "Don't fight it, Sage." I cried out loud "Don't fight what?! PLEASE JUST TELL ME. DON'T FIGHT WHAT?!"

I watch as she struggled with a bleeding head and suddenly, her car door opens, and in comes the faceless man with a brick in his hand. He looks at her as she struggles to speak out a couple of words "Please. D-don't do this. I won't tell." But he ignores her cry and puts the brick on the accelerator, backing away from the car in a second.

She cries as the car drives down the slope. She tries to scream but she couldn't. She cries and cries as her life flashes right in front of her eyes and the car hits the lights pole. Her head bashes right on her steering wheel and the glass windows breaking down, the shards cutting her skin.

I wasn't hurt at all but she was. Her head lies against the black steering wheel, her face at her shattered window. The same man approaches her with a crowbar and she looks up at him and cries with a faint whisper "Please help me. Please." I knew what was about to happen. I knew that he was about to take her life.

He raises the crowbar but before he could whack it at her head, another figure approached the murderer. Another faceless man. But this one was shorter and looked old too. He wore a thin maroon sweater and asked the taller one "Are you sure about this?" The murderer asks "You want her to tell the whole town what she saw? If I go down, you go down with me." The shorter man takes a second but replies "Fine, just do it quickly." And then he walks away while the taller man looks down at her and says "I'm sorry. But you know too much."

WHACK!

CADEN POV

I was downstairs with the glass half empty and turning through Gabriel's journal.