Chapter 4: New Friend, Scary School

"Sage!" I heard mom saying my name loudly

I opened my eyes, well... barely an eye, and said"I'm up! I'm up!"

Why couldn't today be Sunday? Why do people go to school? I was having this amazing dream about being the international skateboard champion, my face on the cover of THRASHER magazine, with a blondie and a brunette by my side. Wish that was real.

I heard her again"Are you getting up or not?!"

Yikes!

I got off my bed as quick as the flash and made my way to the bathroom.

And I might have snoozed of while I was sitting on the toilet. I heard the banging of the door and dad said"Sage, why are you taking so long, man?" I shook my head and said"Coming, dad."

I lied because I snoozed off in the shower while sitting in the tub. Another door banging but this time it was mom"Sage! You don't wanna be late for your first day, do you?" I sighed and changed the warm shower into a cold one. Screaming a little as the icy water ran down my body.

The cold shower will keep me awake throughout the day.

After a shower, I ran to my room and wore a yellow t-shirt, with red flannel and black jeans. Looking at the time on my watch, I had to run to school now.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs. I said"Sorry, can't have breakfast. I'm late!" Mom said loudly"Take the protein bar!" I grabbed the bar and noticed they were raisins. I scrunched up my nose and kept it back until dad said"Sage, take the bar." I rolled my eyes and took the bar, kissing mom on the cheek and tapping on dad's shoulder as I ran out of the house and heard them both say"Have fun!"

I grabbed my bike that was outside, on the grass, and made my way to school.

My dad picked a neighborhood where my school was not even 20 minutes far.

I arrived there and saw as the red board said MAPLE HIGH in big bold yellow.

Sage, welcome to a new life.

I took a deep breath and parked my bike with the others, and locked it with the railing. I heard the purr of the sweet car beside me, as the person inside parked it.

I saw him get out of his car. And then I noticed that he was the popular kid. It was obvious the way girls were looking at him. He had green eyes and auburn hair. And he was your stereotypical bad boy in high school. I rolled my eyes and made my way inside the gates.

Honestly, I was nervous to talk to anyone, to ask them for directions to the administration office. I saw a janitor standing near the wall of lockers. Making my way to him, I asked him"Excuse me, Mr..." looking at his name on his janitor uniform. I continued"Mr. Boris, can you please lead me to the administrator office?" Not once did he looked at me. He was taller. Taller than me, pale and old. Slouched back and warts on his face. Creepy looking person but... hey... everyone is different.