Chapter 7: 911, What's your emergency?

I got home and I knew everyone would be asleep

I got home and I knew everyone would be asleep. It was almost 10 PM and I wasn't either in the mood to be staying up late.

I walked up the stairs and changed and then went to bed.

I was standing in a dark room. No furniture or anything. Not any way out. I said aloud"Hello? Is someone there?" But nothing. No answer. I again said"Hello? How do I get out?" And then I heard a whisper"Close your eyes." I closed my eyes and then another whisper I heard, a whisper that felt like it was being spoken right inside my ear, making me shiver"Look carefully, Sage. Listen carefully. You need to wake up now. Right about now."

My eyes were closed but my mind was working.

Weird dream.

I suddenly felt a rush of cold air. I better close the window. I snuggled in my blanket but I knew better. Not really in the mood to catch a cold or mom would kill me. She hates it when I sleep with the windows open.

Why do I feel like I'm being watched?

I open my eyes and it took a second while for it to adjust to the darkroom. The only source of light I had was street lamps.

My eyes widened as I saw a total of six people looking down at me. I couldn't scream because I was paralyzed in my bed with fear. My breathing getting quick as to why I couldn't move. Three were standing to my left and three to my right.

On the right was that Margaret woman with burned eyes, the dude I saw when I was taking a shower. He was dressed like the 20s with a knife in his neck, another guy looked like he was dressed as a soldier with a bullet hole in his head. I could see through it.

On my left was another female but she was floating with a bent neck in a nightgown, another female with a gunshot through her head wearing 80s hooker clothes, and another guy in a leather jacket with half a face.

They looked down at me and stared silently. I was trembling so much but I gained back the control of my body that I screamed out loud but none were startled. I threw my blanket away at them and it went through the soldier guy and I screamed out loud again, getting up and grabbing the iron baseball bat screaming nonstop.

They looked at me like I was crazy and slowly took steps toward me. I screamed and closed my eyes, waving my bat left and right and I ran at them on instinct. I felt somebody hold me against them and I screamed and fought to get out of their hold as I heard the familiar voice" Sage! Sage, calm down! What's wrong?!"

Dad.

I opened my eyes and turned around to find mom and dad in the room with the lights on. I looked around trembling and covered in sweat but they were gone. All of them were gone. I grabbed hold of my dad and said"Dad, there are six people in our house. They were in my room just before you came!" I looked at mom as she covered her mouth with her hands, looking scared.