Chapter 40: Face

Tonight is the night I dieTonight is the night I dieTonight is the night I

SAGE POV

I walked out of the house in so much rage inside me. I wanted to break things, I wanted to tear things apart. I wanted to punch something nonstop, clench my hair till I pull them all out of my scalp.

I squat down on the road, putting my hands on my ears like I was blocking my rage from coming out at the world. I was so angry to the point my body trembled and shivers constantly went down my spine. Rocking myself back and forth, humming Metallica just to calm down and get my mind off of this demon inside of me. I was losing it. I could feel the life inside me slowly slipping out of my body. I could feel the hole getting bigger inside my soul.

This needed to end. This all needed to end here and now. So I did the thing I should've done a long time I go. I ran. I ran as fast as I could without stopping even though my legs burn with pain but it was worth it.

I ran with uncle Gabriel's voice ringing in my ear

'Pain makes you human.'

X

I ran to Mr. Jones' garage and I stood outside catching my breath.

Straightening myself up, I walked in through the doors and saw the lights off. A flashlight pointed at me and it was Hawk. He smiles "Hey, little dude! How've you been?" He pats hard on my shoulder but I pay him no mind. I said directly "Hawk, I need to see Blue's car." His brows furrowed "Where's Caden?" This is the part where I had to lie "Caden send me here, Hawk. Can I please go and look at the jeep?" He looks at me suspiciously "Call him. He will tell you." He smiles and nods "Yeah, that'll be better. Wait here. My phone is in my office."

I saw him walk towards his office right around the corner and I followed him before I grabbed the heaviest wrench near the tool shelf.

As soon as he takes the step and picks his phone up, I whip it against the back of his head. He cries in pain, putting his hand on where it hurts but before he could turn around, he drops right on the musty brown couch that I think was beige once, his phone falling face down on the ground. I grab his legs and pick them up with a grunt. The man was 6'4. I move his legs on the couch and put on this warm blanket on top of him. I grab the bottle of vodka that was on the table and put it on the floor, near his reach, and his phone beside the bottle.

I just hope that he wakes up believing that he passed out drunk.

I walk over to the pinboard and see a bunch of keys hanging on the nails with their key rings. I sighed in anger because there were no names but one key stood out amongst them. A single key with a small silver heart keychain and I knew in my gut that it was Blues'. Grabbing the keys, I turn off the lamp and make my way out of the door and run to the back door of the garage.