Chapter 2

Nandini pov

Heck... I am married that too to a stranger. My mind went blank completely. I can sense a frustrated environment and few gossips around me but I cared less about them because here my life itself changed upside down within 1 hour then why the hell should I care about these shitty conversations. Now I was continuously thinking about how happy my life was before this marriage drama. But now everything changed. Does it happen because of me? Then it is a big NO! never in my life I would have taken such a horrible decision.

A few minutes ago...

Here I came to attend the marriage of my most annoying cousin Mishka, daughter of my bade papa. I heard that she is going to marry Manik, he is my dad's friend son. I prayed to God to rescue that guy from her evil plays. But at that time, I didn't even have any single thought that my prayers to save someone life will make me as a scapegoat in this so-called marriage drama.

I got ready in a nude colour lehenga and went to see my cousin but the scene in front of me scared me to the core

I got ready in a nude colour lehenga and went to see my cousin but the scene in front of me scared me to the core. Everyone was yelling at my bade papa (dad's brother) and papa (dad) and they stood there silently by keeping their faces down because of the humiliation. Ram uncle had a worried face while Nyonika aunty was sobbing. From the yelling of Ram uncle's relatives, I got to know that Mishka ran away from her wedding. At the far end corner of the room, I saw Manik with rage in his eyes.

Suddenly my mind went blank after hearing an unpleasant suggestion given by one of the relatives. She asked my papa (dad) to give my hand as a replacement for Mishka di. At that time, all the eyes present there fell on me. Some eyes reflected hope, some had pitiful reactions whereas maximum reflected anger on me.

I stood there showing no emotions but my mind was asking 'why the heck I have to marry Manik that too as a replacement to save their prestige. Are they all gone insane ??'.

I thought they would shout at the lady who suggested such a "great" idea but it happened the opposite to my imagination. Bade Papa came, held my hand and started pleading to marry Manik. I could not frame words to speak at that time so I swayed my face from side to side which indicated a NO. The eyes which held hope fell apart when they heard my reply. But my dad being a great friend asked Ram uncle, to proceed with the wedding.

Dad held my hand and took me to a private area and I was burning with anger. He was one who felt ashamed of my past and asked me to leave his house. Then who the hell was he to take decisions on my behalf ?!!! I need answers for his exceptional actions. I thought now too he would order me as he did in the past but he surprised me. He politely asked me to marry Manik. Regardless of
his actions I simply stated 'NO', suppressing my anger.

"Please nandhini, marry Manik not only to save our reputation but to save me from the guilt of destroying Manik's life" stated my dad.

For a minute I thought my dad was changed however, I stated no. Then his rage took over him and the original character came out of him.

"You are going to marry Manik and the decision is finalised. If you want to redeem for your past mistakes then consider this marriage as a repayment" he ordered me.

After hearing this my mind went back to those horrible days. My dad was continuously speaking about something but my mind got stuck in those memories. I scolded my mind for thinking that my dad would change. He will never change and I let out a sarcastic laugh at his unchanged behaviour. From my peripheral vision, I can see my mom was crying by seeing her daughter's unfortunate situation.

 From my peripheral vision, I can see my mom was crying by seeing her daughter's unfortunate situation

____________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️
Please vote, share and comment.