Chapter 9

Manik PoV

The next morning, I woke up by nine as it was Sunday. When I went to the living area, I saw Cabir bhai explaining something to Mukthi and Tarak.

Cabir bhai noticed me and asked, "Hey manik, Are you free today?" I nodded.

"Ok, then you should join us today. We are planning to go to the R city mall and have our lunch there because Mom and Navya both are going out for some NGO event. We will leave by twelve and return home by six or seven. And inform Dhruv to join us along with alya." informed Cabir bhai.

I nodded and said, "Okay, I am in. I will inform buddy as well."

I went to my room to take bath. When I entered my room, I saw Nandini sleeping there. That scene surprised me. Because from my past observation, I got to know that she would not stay at home even if it was a holiday and she is still sleeping till now which is a rare occurrence. I didn't mind that and kept my phone on the bedside table and went to take a bath. After the bath, I got ready in my casuals and went down.

I had my breakfast by ten

I had my breakfast by ten. After that, I joined Kiara and watched T.V. with her. After some time Cabir bhai came and said, "Manik, let's leave." I nodded and moved towards the exit.

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks and told, " I think I left my phone in my room. Wait for a minute I will take it and come."
I went to my room to take my phone.

When I entered my room, "Nandini?" I breathed out.

There I saw Nandini lying on the floor. I became panicked and went near her. I patted her face lightly and got no response. Then I took some water and sprinkled it on her face. However, I got no response.

I became terrified and started shouting, "Mom...Mom...Mom...Come to my room"

I picked up Nandini in my arms and laid her on the bed gently. When I touched her forehead, I realised she was burning with fever.

{ P

{ P.S:- Just imagine a situation like this and ignore the background.}

Mom came into my room and asked, "Manik why are shouting like this? What happened-"

Then she saw Nandini in the bed and asked, "what happened to her ?"

"Woh...mom when I entered here to take my phone, I saw her lying on the floor. I patted her face even I sprinkled water on her face but I got no response. So I called you. And she is burning with fever." I explained to her in a shaking voice.

"Okay go and call a doctor. Ask Navya to bring a bowl of cold water and a towel." I nodded and grabbed my phone from the bedside table and dialled my family doctor

"Hel-"

"Dr.Akhil, it's manik I need you over here now. So can you please come to my home asap?? It's an emergency."

"Okay, I will be there in 15 minutes." Without waiting for a word he hung up.

I ran downstairs and informed Navya bhabhi about the situation. Then I informed about this to dad and Cabir bhai. Immediately dad called Ram uncle and informed him about Nandini's condition.

A few minutes later, Dr.Akhil came. I took him to my room. "Manik, what happened?" asked Dr.Akhil.

"Morning I saw Nandini sleeping normally. Normally she does not sleep for so long. But I thought today was Sunday so she was resting and left her alone. But when I came back by twelve and I saw her lying unconscious on the floor. She was burning with fever. So I called you."I spoke as I walked him up to my room.

He walked in and started examining her. "I will have to ask you to wait outside while examining her." I nodded.

Mom and I both went out. There I saw Nandini's parents with worried face.

Ragini aunty went to my mom and started asking, " What happened to her? Is she fine now? Where is she now?"

Mom assured, "Ragini calm down. Doctor is checking up on her. Don't worry, She will be fine." Hearing Mom's words ragini aunty's eyes filled with worry.

The doctor came out and told, "She had a high fever and was dehydrated that's why she lost her consciousness. I have given her sedation. So she may become conscious after 2-3 hours. When she wakes up, Give her some light food and then give the medicines I have prescribed. She will be fine. Nothing to worry about. By the way, who is she? I am asking this because I have not seen her before here." I became silent after this unexpected question.

Realising the situation, Mom replied, "she is manik's wife." He nodded and left from there. He left us some prescriptions before leaving.

Then we all entered the room and saw her sleeping. Mom continued keeping a wet towel on her forehead. Ragini aunty sat beside her while I sat on the recliner opposite to the bed. After three hours, she woke up. Mom gave her water.

Ragini aunty hugged her and started asking, "Nandu, are you fine now? We were so worried about you. Please don't scare us like this again. Don't overwork by yourself. An-"

Suddenly Nandini said in a hoarse voice, "Leave me alone!! I want to take rest."

Then she laid down on the bed and slept. We became shocked after her reaction. I stood there with a startled face.But Neil uncle and Ragini aunty had a worried face rather than a shocked one. We left her alone. We all came back to the living area. Neil uncle and ragini aunty said their greetings and left from there. Today, Her behaviour stunned everyone in my family. I thought Nandini was angry at her parents because of this marriage. So I didn't think further about that.

Author's PoV

The next day morning, everyone was having their breakfast. At that time everyone saw Nandini leaving home in her work attire with an exhausted face.

But today Nyonika stopped her and requested, "nandini, atleast take rest for a day

But today Nyonika stopped her and requested, "nandini, atleast take rest for a day." Nyonika will never stop Nandini for leaving to work early but today she stopped her as she was not well yesterday.

But nandini told her that "no aunty, I can't. I am having an important case hearing today at court and i can not avoid it."

Again Nyonika asked, "At least have breakfast ?"

But Nandini told, "sorry aunty, I was already late and my client was calling me continuously to come quick as the case will start anytime." Saying this she left for her work. Manik silently noted all these things.
____________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️✨
Please vote, share and comment.