Chapter 3

Author's pov

The wedding was completed. Manik and Nandini were asked to take blessings from the elders. They were asked to perform certain rituals. Then came the time for Nandini's vidaai.

( Vidaai - One of the most recognizable moments of a Hindu marriage ceremony is the Vidaai when the Bride's family bids farewell to their daughter as she rides away with her new husband.)

Ragini Murthy was shedding tears as her daughter is going away from her. Even Neil Murthy had tears in his eyes. But Nandini's face held no emotions. During her vidaai, She just performed the rituals which were given to her. Her mother came and hugged Nandini and cried but Nandini simply stood there having a cold face and didn't respond to her hug.

Nandini pov

"Why the heck was she crying now?" Nandini thought while seeing her mother.

She couldn't save me when I was asked to marry Manik. At that time, she stood there silently watching the drama like I was nobody to her. Then why is she crying now like she is going to miss me? Sigh*

But despite this hugging and crying drama what surprised me the most was that my dad asked Manik to take care of me. Manik just nodded his head. Then we commenced our journey to Manik's house. The ride from my house to his house was silent. No one spoke a single word not even Cabir Bhai. I know a little bit about Cabir bhai, he is a chatterbox as I have talked to him during Mehendi and Haldi ceremony.

After reaching his house, his family conducted the Griha Pravesh ceremony

( Griha Pravesh Ceremony - It is an integral part of the post-wedding rituals; when the bride enters her husband's home for the first time after the wedding. It depicts that the family of the groom has welcomed the bride from the bottom of their heart and accepted her as an integral part of their family.)

Nyonika aunty performed the aarti, applied Tilak to both of us and asked us to seek blessing from the elders present. After this, she asked me to tilt the Kalash filled with rice with my right toe and then step into a dish with Alta. Then nyonika aunty asked Manik and me to perform certain post-wedding rituals. But he simply stated a no and went to his room and closed the door with a thud. Everyone became sad and saw me with pitiful eyes. But I cared less about these.

Nyonika aunty asked navya bhabhi to took me to the guest room to take some rest. I quickly went to the room and closed the door. I sat on the floor and tears welled up in my eyes. The emotions which I was controlling for few hours came out in the form of tears. I didn't want anyone to know my misery so I sobbed silently and dozed off.

After some time I woke up because of the continuous knock on the door. I opened the door and saw navya bhabhi standing there.

"Hii Nandini, these clothes are for you. Ma asked you to change into this and come to the living area" navya bhabhi said to me.