Chapter 5

Jordan's POV

"James Adam" I repeat. 

"Jordan Parker," I said almost forgot that I said his name and not mine.

"Beautiful name," he said.

"Thank you"

"He will be the new owner of his father's business but needs some tips. I know his dad, so I offer to let you train him into the business. You also have experience since this company is under your name, you can get to know each other a little better. " My dad said.

WHAT?

Know him a little better?

Oh, I know what my dad is doing. He is so going to get it.

"Oh. Sure, Good Idea" I nod again.

"When do we start ?" James said out of nowhere.

"Is tomorrow fine ?" I questioned.

"Tomorrow is fine" he confirmed.

"Thank You Mr.Parker. I really appreciate it."

I picked back my stack of paper and head for the door. Before I even touched the doorknob, James's hand was already there.

"After you," James said.

"Thank you," I said while I walked outside my dad's office.

"You are welcome,"

 I kept quiet as he followed me to the elevator.

"What floor ?" He asked.

"No, you can go first"

"Wouldn't want you to carry that everywhere around the building?" he said gesturing to the stack of paper in my hands.

"No big deal, I'll be fine." I said pushing the last floor for him

"Owning a business takes a lot of work, is that something you always wanted to do ?" I asked him breaking the silence.

" I wanted to own one of my own and not my father. My father and yours obviously retiring so my father chose for it to be a family business and passed it down to me"

Looks like we have something in common.

"See, We are getting to know each other after all" he winked and exited the elevator leaving me with a shocked face.

He is bold.

I pressed the 10th floor to go back to my office and lean on the wall to wait for the door to open while I read over documents, applications, letters, and other junks.

I finally arrived after a few seconds and walked to my office. I read papers after papers, making final decisions and threw away others, and replied to some emails.

When it was time to leave, I grabbed my suitcase to head home. I received a text from Jerome while walking in the lobby.

Jerome: Can we meet up for dinner? I know you're done working.

Me : Yea. Sure, Where?

I hopped in my car and drove to the location that was written on the phone.

"What happen Jerome? I was worried all the way over here." I said once I sat down and started to look over the menu.

"Well... I finally got the gut to tell Gisele...  " the waitress chose that moment to come to take our order.

"And ?" I said watching him.

"I got rejected-" I almost choke drinking my wine.

"I am so going to-" I started

"Not because she's not interested but because I was too late," Jerome said putting his head down.

"I- I am so sorry," I said placing my hands over his across the table which was playing with his fingers.

"No, it's fine. Really .. I mean if I just went and go after her earlier then I might have had a chance with her by now. I was just scared you know."

I don't know. Because relationships are not my thing and I am not sure what to say. But I'll go along. "So what's the guy name?"

"Chad something. It doesn't really matter."

"What are you going to do now ?"

"I am not sure, I'll have to move on now."

"but buddy...."

He waved me off, we talked about everything else just to keep his mind off things, ate and left.

<><><><><><><><><><>

A/N: Picture on the top - Meeting room