Chapter 10

Jordan's POV

I woke up the same as usual. Food beside my bed.

"Goodmorning Ms.Parker," Arielle said.

"Goodmorning & Thank you, Arielle. I can come downstairs you know. I am not 10 anymore." I said with a laugh followed by a yawn. Then I proceed to eat my breakfast.

When I finish, she exits my room and I went to the restroom. I wore dress pants today with long sleeves and a suit to top it off. I grabbed my work bag, keys and head downstairs.

"Goodmorning everyone"

I said seeing Gabby having breakfast with the children.

I wave at them and blow them a kiss from the door.

__________________________________

I walked into the office and sat down.

I place my suitcase where it's always located and my eyes caught the piece of letter so I quickly close the drawer.  I didn't have a lot of paper to look over which was good.

My company in Italy will finally be open and we keep making more progress. I think it was a great investment.

My computer startup and I open my email. I scrolled through all of them until I reached a specific one with my name on it.

I know you probably going to tear up my letter and I understand. What about we meet up someday? I really want to see you. Don't make it hard for the both of us.

How did he found my email or any of my information? My company is well known for the works we do in most of the countries but I agreed with my workers to not distribute any information about me unless it's a customer that needs to contact me as an emergency. I always give Christmas's email. I decide to not seat and overthink it as to not have any depressing thoughts.

I got up and walked around the building greeting my employees
just to have small talks.

I got a text from 

JamesHow about I take you to lunch today? As a friend of course.

He taking that friendship seriously. I replied to him with a simple short answer.

Sure

When lunchtime came, I went to the garage to go meet up with James but he was already there waiting on me beside his car.

"Are we taking your car or mine ?" James asked once I reach him in the garage.

"I'll say let's go in mine." Since I don't trust him enough yet.

He took the passenger side and I place my keys in the ignition and my car roar to life.
Once we get on the road, the car fell into silence.

"Let's get to know each other. We can play, 21 Questions I believe it's called." He said breaking the silence in the car.

"Why ?"

"Can I get to know my friend at least? I mean I am in your car  trusting you with my life"

"Okay," I said giving up.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Purple. And yours ?" I answer

"White and Gold"

"For a second, I thought you were going to say Red or Blue. That's a shocker."

"Red and Blue are very common answers for guys to answer. But I am different, Jordan. White is Pure and Gold just screamed Gold." he said and I laughed softly at his response.

"What are some movies do you enjoy?" He asked

"I love chick flick" and he groaned. And I wait for him to say something but nothing came. "Action and a little Horror. Yours ?"

"Action" was his response. 

"Taste in music ?" he asked

"If the beat flow then I am struck. But I dislike Country or Slow Jazz." I said.

"I don't really know because I don't listen to music that much. But I am guessing slow music."

"What ?! Music is everything. It helps you get through difficulties in life. Inspire you to Ideas. " I explained and he just shrugs.

We reached our destination, a restaurant that is very private. Once we got inside, the waiter came in front of us.

"Reservation for two?"

"Reservation was made" he answered.

"Mr. James Adam ?"  He asked for confirmation.

"In the flesh." He answers

"Follow me please"

The waiter walks us to the back room and we got a table next to the window which was perfect view. James pulls out my chair for me and I thank him.

The waiter then comes back with menus and asked us for our drinks which I order Dr.Pepper and he ordered Sprite.

We continued to talk until the food got on the table then we silently ate. Once it was time to pay, I grabbed the check and ready to place my card on it but James's hand beat me to it.

"What are you doing ?" I asked James.

"I'll pay." And I flinched a little. It's been a while since I heard those words come out of another man's mouth other than my father.

"Are you crazy? I brought you here," he said.

"Technically I drove us here," I said.

"I think you are being unfair. I sat in the passenger seat and I was the one that offered to take you to lunch. You just wouldn't get in my car so I'll pay" He argued back. And I gave up. I am never the one to give up easily.

"Fine." I sighed.

He paid and I reluctantly agreed. After lunch, I drove us back to the company so he could get his car.

I opened my office door and grabbed my suitcase to leave the building.

__________________________________