I'm Here For You

Logan

We finally arrived at the airport in New York. Everything has happened so suddenly. My nerves are still on edge. All I want to do is run to her and hug her tight, and never, EVER, let her go.

We first picked up Mr.P, Jason, and Aaron's luggage. I had no time to grab anything for myself other than what I was wearing. After, we grabbed a taxi to the hotel where Mrs.P and Sophie were staying.

We almost had the same inconvenience, but the reception lady realized there was a cancelation on a large party that had four bedrooms. We grabbed two rooms before they could be taken from someone else.

After we left the luggage in the rooms, we grabbed a different cab and went on our way to the hospital. I glanced at my watch and sighed in irritation. It was now close to ten in the morning. My phone had run out of battery, but I was able to call mon on my way to the airport last night and tell her what was happening.

She asked me to keep her updated on any news and Mrs. P's condition.

My hands felt clammy, and my heart felt it was going to beat right out of my chest. After showing up at the hospital and grabbing our pass, we got in the elevator. I was going finally going to see Sophie.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Sophie

We sat in the room waiting for any news from the doctor. Mom was admitted right away into the hospital. We have been here since seven this morning and were transferred right away upstairs for her operation.

We are now close to ten, just an hour before she goes under the knife.

"Are you ok? Do you need anything?" I asked mom as I fluffed her pillow.

"No baby. Soph, do me a favor honey." She asked fixing herself upright on the pillows.

"Anything," I replied, "Call dad, let him know I'm ready to go into surgery. That you will call him soon as you have any news from the doctor. Ok?" She said making my heart leap uncontrollably again.

"Ok," I said, grabbing my phone out of my pocket and walking outside so I wouldn't disturb her. I dialed dad's number with shaky hands and fought back tears.

The phone dialed once, then again, and again, and again for the fourth time. "Hello!" Dad finally picked up, and I closed my eyes, a tear escaped my eye the second my eyelid shut.

"Dad. Hi."

"Sweetheart. How is she? Did she already go into surgery? Where are you?" Dad asked frantically.

"No. We're waiting on the doctor. Dad, mom wants you to know that she will be ok. Please, let my brothers know we will be home soon as possible.

" I will baby. How are you holding up?"

"I- Dad, that's not important right now, the only thing important is mom's well-being. Don't worry about me," I covered my mouth with the back of my hand to suppress my cry. I felt the knot in my throat building up, making my entire throat ache.

"I'm fine dad. I'm ok."

"Sweetheart, I know you're worried. Mom will be just fine, ok?"

"I just wish you could be here. I need you, daddy. I really need you." My voice quivered as I wiped my tears away and let my body rest against the wall. I covered my face with my free hand to conceal myself from the nurses.

"Sophie. Are you ok?" Doctor Caleb asked making me jump in place.
"I'm fine doctor. Thank you." I answered him.

He placed his hand softly on my shoulder, pursing his lips and smiling. "Sophie I promise your mom will be ok. Dr. Laktineh is a good doctor. She's in good hands, I promise you that." He answered. I looked away to wipe my tears and sniffle.

"Thank you, doctor," I answered. He softly pulls me into a hug seeing my tears wouldn't cease.

"Sophie?" Dad's voice startled me. I looked towards the right, seeing dad, and my brothers standing there, and the person I never thought I'd see here, Logan.

My heart leaped with so many emotions. I ran to dad hugging him, kissing my brothers on their heads, and hugging them.

Then I turned slowly towards Logan. I was unsure what he was doing here, but I didn't care. I had been thinking of him constantly, wishing for him to be here, holding me. It was my safe zone.

I threw myself in his arms, hugging him tight around his neck. He smelled so fresh like he had just showered. That fresh smell of his unique manly scent and signature cologne.

"Hi, baby girl

"Hi, baby girl. It's ok. Everything will be ok, I promise." His soft husky voice soothed my nerves a bit.

I let myself cry like a five-year-old in his arms. The need to cry and let everything out since the moment I got here, finally being able to be released. He has always been my comfort zone without a doubt. Even if we weren't together anymore, I was glad he was here for mom and me.

"Logan. Thank you." I said as I tightened my grip.

"Shh, it's ok baby, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere I promise." He said, rubbing my back softly at a soft soothing pace.

Mom was admitted into surgery almost an hour ago. But the need for her mastectomy could mean she would have to be there a little longer since they were also treating the possibility of reconstruction for her left breast and a lumpectomy surgery for her right breast to prevent the spreading.

Logan sat by my side, allowing me to lay on his shoulder, our fingers intertwined as he ran his other hand through my hair.

"Baby, did you have something to eat yet?" Dad asked me, making me nod.

"Not yet. I wasn't hungry this morning. I tried getting mom to eat something but she refused to eat as well. What about you guys?" I asked making my brothers and Logan look at each other.

"We had coffee and pastries this morning. Logan bought us food before we got on the plane." Jason answered making me turn towards Logan.

"Thank you, Logan. You didn't have to."

"It's fine. It's the least I can do. Why don't we go get you something to eat?" He asked.

"No. I'm not really hungry. Maybe once mom is out of surgery. "

"Nonsense. Logan, could you please get her downstairs to the cafeteria and get her to eat, please?" Dad asked, standing to his feet to grab his wallet.

"Yeah, of course." He said standing up and pulling me up with him.

"Wah- No. I'm not hungry, really." I said looking between them.

"Sophie, you need to eat something. You'll need the energy if you plan to be here all day. Come on, let's go, please?" He said making me groan in protest.

"Please? Besides, I ah, I really need to talk to you. Please?" He pleaded, pouting his lips, making me smile.

"Ok. Fine. But if mom comes back and you guys hear from her, you better call me right away. Got it?" I said pointing towards dad and my brothers.

I let Logan hold my hand, leading me towards the elevator where he made me feel taken back when we entered, and pulled me against him, kissing me passionately soon as the doors closed.

He threw me off by doing this, but one thing for sure, I missed those plump lips on mine.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨