3

-

The room grew tense as Natsuki tried to figure out if she should glare at me or Sayori, she eventually just decided to keep her eyes on her, noticing I wasn't backing down from the eye contact.

"Well... what happened was-" But before she could continue, she got cut off by Natsuki with a barrage of questions.

"You would've heard if you actually sat and listened to Y/n speak instead of running out," Monika says, interrupting Natsuki.

My eyes widen when I realize this could actually become a problem... I'm not sure if this is the first fight they've had- But I'm not going to be the reason for it. Well Sayori but still-

"I'll join," I say. This causes all the attention to draw towards me, they all looked a bit shocked at my statement. I stand up to throw my wrapper for my cupcake away, looking at all of them with an anxious smile.

"You don't have to join- we're not forcing you-" Monika says, causing me to make eye contact with her. "Oh you don't have to worry about that, I actually want to join," I say with a genuine smile.

The last thing I see is Monika smiling back before I get tackled, causing me to stumble onto the ground. "Yay Y/n! I'm so glad you're joining! You're serious right?" I stare at Sayori shocked, making a move to sit up.

I wish she would've asked me that before she jumped on me... or at least not so loudly in my ear. I simply nod.

At least I didn't hit my head this time.

I stand up, grabbing her hand to help her up. She quickly hops up and I remember why she's not supposed to have so much sugar... fuck. I don't let go of her hand just in case she tries to wander off, but she doesn't seem to mind and stays put.

I hear someone clear their throat and I remember what I was talking about moments before, causing me to look up at the rest of the girls. I'm honestly still not used to all their eyes on me but I try not to let it show.

I can't help but notice they had a sad look while looking at something between us, before switching to a happier vibe once more. I take a quick glance to see what they were looking at and I realize they must've been looking at our hands, making me raise my eyebrow.

"You're both so cute with each other" Yuri speaks up first, shocking me a little since she seemed like more of a shy type. I just nod awkwardly, not really knowing what to say to that.

"What made you change your mind Y/n?" Monika asks.

"Huh? Oh- well uhm..." I pause, trying to find the right words to say. "You all honestly seem to be pretty cool, yes, even you Natsuki," she mumbles something under her breath at the callout but makes no further effort to speak up. "And overall, I don't think there's any other club I'd fit into so well," I finish.

Monika's piercing stare makes my head spin a little but my heart jumps a bit when she suddenly smiles, nodding shortly after doing so.

"Well I'm glad you joined, Y/n, welcome to the literature club," Yuri says, her voice genuine and soothing with each word she speaks.

I nod and smile at her, and she does the same, causing me to glance at her lips. I quickly try to get the image out of my head and I look at Natsuki, waiting for her to say something too. I brush it off when she doesn't say anything, sitting back down.

I hear her mutter something under her breath, causing me to look back up at her. "What was that?" I ask, causing her to finally look at me.

"I'm glad you didn't come here just for a cupcake," she mumbles, looking away yet again. "I didn't even know about the cupcakes before I-" 

She interjects, "Y- you know what I meant, dummy."

I can't help but grin at the smallest girl, knowing that probably took a lot to admit. "Well, then it's decided! Welcome to the literature club Y/n! With that, I guess we can end today's meeting with a new member!" She warmly smiles at me, the excitement in her voice not trying to hide.

"Oh! And don't forget to bring a poem to the next meeting, so we can all share!" She finishes her statement. Hmm... so that's the literature part of the literature club. 

"I look forward to seeing what you write," Monika says, looking right into my eyes. I nod, hoping that I can come up with something or I'd have to get one off of google.

The girls start to clean up as Sayori comes down from her sugar high, I start thinking about what I'll write later. "Hey, angel" My head quickly snaps towards Sayori at the old nickname, causing her to giggle slightly.

"Since you're here... we're walking home together, right?" She asks.

I nod, happy to start walking home with the girl yet again now that we're both staying after school hours this year. She cheers and goes to help the girls, and I get ready to go.

We say goodbye to all of the girls and I ignore the tug in my heart when I step out of the door. What's wrong with me? We all just met today, I need to chill out.

"You'll see them tomorrow Y/n, stop looking so gloomy," Sayori says, pinching my cheeks to try and make me smile. I didn't even realize I was frowning, weird.

I slap her hands away from my face, not even making an effort to make an excuse about why I'm upset. She realizes this and starts teasing me as we walk home. I didn't mind, I think I missed this actually.

________________

👀 Poem time, let's hope we don't disappoint..
Don't forget to vote!

~ Junebug