5

-

Yuri walks over to her bag, in the meantime, I glance around to see all the other girls talking to each other. All of them look up at me at the same time, letting me know they were talking about me.

I gulp and manage a smile and a wave, hoping it wasn't anything bad.

"I thought... well uhm since it's a literature club, why not get you started with some- Well, literature?" Yuri says, stumbling over her words every now and then.

In front of me, she stands, presenting me with a slightly thick book with a hard-back cover. I slowly take it from her, not missing the butterflies I got when our hands brushed each other.

"And uhm... I thought- maybe we could discuss it after?" She mumbles that last part, which I thankfully heard due to all of my focus being on her.

This... is the cutest shit ever.

"I- I don't even know what to say, Yuri... Thank you! I'll definitely read it and we can talk about all of it after,"

I know I probably say that a little too eagerly, but I could barely contain my excitement at this point. I clear my throat, visibly calming myself down to which she laughs at. I replay the sound over and over in my head and I realize I want to hear it forever.

"Well, you're welcome. I look forward to hearing what you have to say when you finish the book," she says with a soft smile, that being all I could see as she had her head towards the ground and her bangs covering her eyes.

-

We all go about our usual activities, one of the girls coming to talk to me every now and then. But for the most part, nothing is really happening and I'm honestly starting to get a little bored.

I would read the book Yuri gave me... yet my attention span is honestly trash when I'm tired. Speaking of tired, I finally let myself doze off, wondering what I should do when I get home. I feel a slight poke on my shoulder, causing me to slowly peek open my eyes.

I immediately fall back from shock when I see Sayori's face inches from mine, peering innocently at me. And fall back as in right out of my chair... I need to stop doing that.

"Ow... what the hell Sayori?" I ask, rubbing the side of my head, knowing I'd have a headache soon.

I get off the floor as Sayori spews apologies left and right for startling me. "Honestly... you're the one that overreacted-" She stops when I glare at her.

"You shouldn't have been sleeping anyway," she continues, "Wait... have you been staying up again?"

I guess Natsuki was right when she said there would be consequences for not taking this seriously... At least I don't have a headache yet.

I nod with my eyes still hooded, waiting for them to adjust to the light.

"You know you're gonna have less time for anime and games," her tone shifts from concerned to teasing, "if you can't handle that I may just have to tell Natsuki y'know."

"Oh my god... I'm shaking in my sneakers right now.." I playfully rasp out, secretly afraid of the smallest girl. "But hey- I literally had to force you out of bed this morning, what do you mean?" I grumble, realizing what a little hypocrite she was being.

"Eheh... I don't know what you're talking about angel," she says, her face slightly flushed for some reason. Huh, weird.

Before I can say a word, Monika speaks in the front of the clubroom, her voice reaching all the way to the back. "Okay, everyone! Why don't we share the poems we wrote?"

Sayori looks a bit relieved to be saved yet again, cheerily taking her words as an opportunity to skip away from me.

________________

Hmm...getting these chapters out is more fun than I thought it'd be

~Junebug :)