8

-

I wake up, not being able to turn and grab my phone like I automatically do because there's a slight weight on top of me. What the hell is-

I look up to see a sleeping Sayori holding me comfortably in her arms.

I can't help but smile at her peaceful expression, holding back my chuckle when I notice her drooling. The sun peeks through the blinds, giving me enough light to see my surroundings and the smaller girl on top of me.

Usually, our positions would be reversed since I like cuddling into her. She says I like being babied or something, and maybe I do- but she doesn't need to point it out. The room looks more cleaned up than what I remember, causing my heart to swell at the thought of her cleaning up for me.

I make my way out of her arms, glad she's a heavy sleeper. I'm telling you though, she holds onto me hella tight for someone who'd still be sleeping if a plane crashed right next door.

I look down at my morning wood, upset with the fact I might have to deal with a cold shower for once. Actually, it's caused a lot of awkward morning talks with Sayori somehow waking up before me- but that's beside the point... I still have a poem to write- and a morning routine to do.

I somehow managed, finishing everything before my alarm even went off. Guess I woke up earlier than I thought. The run and poem had to be cut short a bit, and the shower was cold since I didn't wanna waste any more time than needed... But I still have time for breakfast, so that's something.

I walk out of the shower with my sports bra and pants, looking in one of my drawers for the top of my uniform.

"Angel?" I look over to see an adorable and sleepy Sayori staring back at me with a dopey smile and lidded eyes.

"Cmereeee" she stretches her arms out, reaching for me lazily. I walk over to her, letting her drag me onto the bed. I lay on top of her at eye level, holding myself up on my elbows. I examine her face, not missing the way her features lit up a little more when I gave her the same smile she was giving me.

I gave up on holding myself up and let my head fall to the crook of her neck, fighting the urge to go back to sleep. Sayori starts playing with my hair, not really helping my tiredness.

"I was about to wake you up actually," I murmur, my nose brushing against her neck.

She hums, probably not in the mood to talk after just waking up.

I feel myself dozing off, "I missed this," I barely caught, noticing the somewhat melancholy tone in her voice.

I grin and hold her tighter, agreeing with her. Sadly, all good things must come to an end. I basically have to fight my way out of Sayori's arms,  the only way I escaped was because I told her I'd make her breakfast.

-

We finish our pancakes and head to school. "You finished your poem right?" she asks me as we step inside the school building.

"For the third time strawberry... yes," I say in a teasing tone, knowing she was taking this seriously.

We go our separate ways due to different classes, and the day drags on like usual. I take my productive morning as enough excuse to sleep in most of my classes, It's the first week anyway... The teachers need to calm down.

Classes finally end and the people who aren't in any clubs are long gone by now. I watch as all the jocks and preps filter out, probably going to the gym. Basically, the hallways are empty now and I'm waiting for Sayori.

About five minutes pass and it's pretty much like my boredom is peaking to new heights, she's probably busy or something. I shrug it off and make my way to the clubroom, putting my earbuds in.

I finally reach the stairs and decide to grab a snack from the vending machine. I feel myself thinking back to yesterday, and the corners of my lips pull up. Before I can continue daydreaming, footsteps break me out of my trance.

I look up to see Natsuki and Yuri talking to each other. I'm surprised either of them are managing because of how harshly their mannerisms are compared to the other. Opposites attract I guess.

"Y-y/n, glad to see you here" I look down at Natsuki and Yuri, smiling at them both.

"And I am glad to see you, Yuri," I say, taking one of my earbuds out, "and you too ankle-biter," Natsuki rolls her eyes at my comment, not saying much back.

"Oh well, I'll take it," I murmur, surprised she didn't talk back. "Oh yeah, have you guys seen Sayori at all?" They look at each other for confirmation.

"I saw her sleeping in class earlier, she's probably in the clubroom," Natsuki says first, Yuri nodding right after. So they all have a class together? Interesting.

Suddenly another pair of footsteps filled my ears, causing me to look up with hopeful eyes. But it wasn't Sayori nor Monika.

It was... the P.E teacher? Just my luck.

"Y/n right?" I nod, already over this conversation. "Haha, I knew it! Look just like your father y'know? Got his height too," He smiles, his southern accent slipping through at random points.

I haven't seen my parents in a few weeks, and I don't mind much, to be honest. I get the house to myself while they're out working and living their life the way they want to. Win-win. And we're well off enough, so I don't have to worry too much about making my own money.. just yet anyway.

They try and come home weekly, make sure everything's alright in the house... I guess they're just busier these past few weeks. We still facetime and call each other daily though.

"6 feet, pretty tall for a girl y'know?" I nod again, when does it end oh my- "It'd be nice to have someone your size join the basketball team, just sayin,'" he continues.

I let out a sigh, "Well I'm already in a club, so I sadly can't, y'know?" The girls giggle at the sarcasm in my voice, I honestly forgot they had to endure this small talk too. His disappointed look almost makes me feel regret, almost.

"Which- we're actually gonna be late if we don't get going! Let's go girls," I take a few steps back, landing between the two. I grab their hands and drag them up the stairs... and away from whatever that was.

We finally make our way to the third floor, and I feel my face get warm when I realize I'm still holding their hands. They seem to notice this too as Natsuki snatches her hand from mine and I let go of Yuri's.

Their blushing faces would've filled me with pride if it wasn't for the butterflies I got in my stomach, making me angry. How can I feel this way with Sayori- then two girls right next to me? It's not fair or right.

Hopefully, all of this blows over and I'm just overreacting, I probably just need a snack or something.

"Uhm... sorry" I mutter, hoping things aren't permanently awkward between us all now. Yuri sputters out reassurance, telling me it's fine, and Natsuki... well she does her usual snappy thing but basically says it's fine too.

We finally reach the clubroom, I can't tell if the awkward moment was worse, or the fact that Sayori's not here. I look in the hallway, hoping to see her running after us, but nope.

A sense of dread fills me for some reason, why am I so worried? I sit down in the clubroom, my foot tapping as I wait.

And I wait, and I wait, and I wait. I check my phone and see she still hasn't read my text- what's going on?

And why the hell am I so anxious?

________________

👀👩🏾‍🦯let's hope you didn't leave her hanging...

- Junebug :)