Chapter 14: First Encounter

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke

Riiiiing~

Riiiiiing~

Riiiiing~

Beep!

With a sigh, Headmaster Ozpin turns off and puts away his scroll. In his office sitting in his desk he looks to Glynda for answers.

"He hasn't exactly been in touch with us since the school year began. Whose to say he would now?"

"Call it wishful thinking." Ozpin replied.

"Well that wishful thinking isn't going to get us answers, how about Taiyang?" Glynda suggested, "I can certainly try, although I doubt he would be-"

Beep! "Mr. Ozpin, there's a Taiyang Xiao-Long here to see you...he says it's urgent." Ozpin's secretary said from the small speaker on his desk.

"Well would you look at that." Pushing a button he tells them to send him to the elevator that would take him to his office.

"Right away sir." Beep!

"Now then, let's see what he has to say hmm?" Ozpin says curiously. "Well let's hope we can actually get a proper answer on why exactly that...Thing is here."

"Yes...with that "Servitor" here it changes things drastically, which means if it's now here...what else followed with it?"

Bing!

Ozpin pushes a button and lets one Taiyang Xiao-Long in, "Mr. Xiao-Long, it's a pleasure to see you again after so long."
Ozpin said, yet he had to immediately rethink that statement when he saw a heavily bandaged Taiyang with ripped and tattered clothes.

"Oz, cut the pleasantries you know exactly why I'm here."

Sigh..."Of course I do, would this explain it." Typing on his keyboard the screen of his computer lights up as it hovered in the air, after a moment he swipes to Taiyang.

It was a recording of a door that was the exit to the first year dormitories, and for a moment team RWBY was seen running out of it. Then went Jaune Arc, and his team.

The recording stopped and on the screen was a grey-ish Servitor floating from the ground, since the camera was facing from the the Servitors behind you could faintly see red and yellow spray paint on his sides.

"Surveyor? Taiyang asked both relieved and concerned.

"Surveyor...such an interesting name for something like this wouldn't you agree?" Glynda questioned tensely.

"Ozpin, as much as you want answers about that thing we have more pressing matters to attend to!"

"...Fine, I'll hold off for now, but there better be a great explanation for it."

"Oz, the one thing we were worried about finding us, it's here, and it has a Servitor that looked exactly like this one here."

"...Do you have proof?" Ozpin asked seriously, now extremely tense. "No, but I saw those things with my own eyes, in fact I'm sure they were chasing me all the way from Patch to here."

"Wait...You brought one of those things here?!" Glynda yelled.

"Of course not! I was able to lose it in Vale,  they may have had the ability to disappear but it's flawed...I could see it for a split second."