chapter 51-60

>Sponsored chapter by Atchara Brown, Josephine Fong and a donator who wanted to stay anonymous

This chapter was edited by ororomunroe90

Chinese terms used in this chapter:

Recommended for you

Bengong: I, used by the females of the imperial family Niangniang: concubine of the palace Nubi: female slave or servant

Chapter 51 Blood colored chrysanthemum

"Ink mixed with blood. It really is a good paint!"

Murong Qi Qi's smile was sweet, but the hands weren't the slightest bit slacking. The palace maid's blood spread over the paper. The brush in Murong Qi Qi's hand began to dance on the paper.

In the background, there was just silence. No matter if it was the emperor Longze Yu or others, no one had ever seen such a way of painting like Murong Qi Qi's; using fresh human blood as paint. Originally, it was an extremely monstrous picture, but because of Murong Qi Qi's brush dance, it became beautiful.

"Princess, nubi is wrong, nubi is wrong! Nubi doesn't dare anymore!"

The palace maid felt that her life is slipping away, but Murong Qi Qi didn't seem to have any intention of stopping the bleeding for her. She was feeling somewhat dizzy. Her thinking also became slow. If she continues like this, she will definitely bleed to death!

"Say who is behind you, then bengong will let you off!"

Murong Qi Qi's voice was very low. So low that only the two of them could hear.

Speak out? The palace maid shuddered. Making her confess that it's the empress who let her deliberately break the porcelain box so that Murong Qi Qi would not have any paint to use? Then in the end, she would also die!

Recommended for you

In just a moment, the palace maid weighed the pros and the cons. She decided to protect Duanmu Qing.

"Princess, nubi begs you. Please let nubi go!"

The palace maid cried hysterically. She was gambling, gambling that Murong Qi Qi wouldn't dare to treat human life as grass, gambling that Murong Qi Qi would care about the so called virtues and morality and will be forced to let her go under public pressure.

to treat human life as grass: to kill people as if you're cutting grass/a politician acting with total disregard for the life of his countrymen

The palace maid's hesitation made Murong Qi Qi's last vestiges of compassion die. The palace maid completely estimated wrongly. Not everyone can fathom Murong Qi Qi's mind. The dagger once again appeared in Murong Qi Qi's hand. The dagger went down. A trail of red once again surfaced.

"Bengong just needs some color. Bengong doesn't want your life."

Murong Qi Qi's voice was very soft and gently without a trace of evilness.

"Bengong's future husband has an evil doctor. I heard that as long as there's still one breath inside the person, he'd be able to save that person. Don't worry, the heavens want virtues. Besides, bengong will soon be marrying to Bei Zhou, that's why bengong also needs to amass good fortune. So bengong will absolutely not kill you!"

'Still one breath'. Those words made the palace maid's whole body turn cold. Does she (MQQ) mean that all her blood will be drained till there's only one last breath left? Then, how can she still live?

The palace maid, who previously had illusions about princess Zhao Yang's character, completely lost hope. She could only struggle and shout over and over: "Empress niangniang, save me!"