Yule Ball: 2

Prompt: Hermiones jealousy turns things around

----------

Hermione had a restless night after the whole fiasco yesterday at the common room. She was walking in the Great Hall, making her way to her own house table. She could feel everyones eyes boring onto her. Perhaps it was because of her disheveled hair and clothes. She looked down at her tie, it wasn't even properly done. Her eyes were rather red and puffy, dark cirles around them.

She was glancing everywhere around her, trying to spot the Slytherin girl. She sat down next to her friends, who were eyeing her with concerned looks on their faces.

"Blimey, Hermione..you look horrible, maybe you should go to the Hospital Wing-" exclaimed Ron who immeiately shut his mouth at the dangerous glare the bushy haired girl was giving him.

Hermione looked down on her plate, playing with the food with her fork, having no appetite at all. Harry didn't question her, knowing that she needed space.

"What's with you and Granger?" asked Draco, nudging Y/Ns arm gently. "You've been looking at her for the past ten minutes."

"Nothing," said Y/N plainly as she scanned the Daily Prophet in her hand, immediately letting out a derisive laugh at what she had just read. "Oh Salazar, look at this rubbish." she said to the platinum-haired boy.

Draco looked at the picture of Viktor Krum and Hermione, their hands locked. The photograph seemed to have taken right after the first task. He noticed the sarcastic tone Y/N had been using, realising what had been upsetting the girl so much. His hatred for the bushy haired girl only grew with how she was making his best friend feel.

"Pathetic. If looks were money, Krum would be much poorer than Weasley." snorted Draco, earning him a laugh from the girl beside him.

----------

Transfiguration classes were basically hell to Y/N. Having Hermione as her partner usually made the process seem much faster, but considering the thick tension between the two, Y/N wouldn't even go near the poor girl.

It pained Hermione with how distant the girl was. But why? That's what she wanted to know. Her face fell when she realised Y/N was sitting with Draco and not her. She took a deep breath, trying to let it slide.

"Today we won't be transfiguring anything. I want you to tell me what you see in the Mirror of Erised." said Professor Mcgonagall to the slightly astonished yet glad class, who were looking at the mirror beside the Professor.

"The mirror shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts." explained Professor Mcgonagall. "Ms. Granger, how about you go first?"

Hermione trapped her bottom lip between her teeth, reluctantly standing up, walking towards the mirror. Her eyes widened, her breath hitching slightly as she felt her heart hammering through her chest.

"I..I see myself, surrounded by my friends." spoke Hermione. "And a certain person confessing their love for me.." she added quietly, hoping that no one would hear.

Draco made a wolf-like whistle, making the entire class snicker. Hermione turned around, frowning at the fact that Y/N wasn't defending her like she always did.

"Ah, don't worry Granger. Krum is probably already planning your wedding." he sneered.

And to Hermiones horror, Y/N was laughing along with the class. A mischievous smirk plastered on her rather pale face. She quickly made her way to her desk, lowering her head in embarrassment as she felt her eyes sting.