Practice: 2

Prompt: Y/N had enough.

----------

It had been a week since the first quidditch match and Hermione didn't bother saying anything to the dark haired girl. Y/N, of course, made no effort in trying to talk to her. She would always see her laughing with Ron, giggling, resting her head on his shoulder, and even feeding him. She thought it was sickenly cute, but without the cute.

She kept her promise and gave the girl a compliment everyday, but not to her face. She would write a compliment in a piece of parchment and place it next to Hermiones desk.

Hermione was slightly disappointed with the compliments. Today her compliment was: Nice tie.

The dark haired girl made no effort in the compliments obviously and was merely just trying to keep her promise.

Y/N walked into the Great Hall and the bushy haired girl spotted her, waving at her but she acted like she didn't see anything. She sat down at the Slytherin table, next to her best friend, Pansy and Draco. Hermiones face fell and her hand fell to her side in disappointment.

"Little traitor." scoffed Ron, observing the dark haired girl at the Slytherin table. "Honestly, a Gryffindor mating with the Slytherins!-"

"Don't talk about her like that, Ronald!" snapped Hermione angrily. "Don't you have detention with her today?" said Hermione, turning to Harry.

He nodded "Yeah."

"Can..Can you ask her why she hasn't been at our dorm? I haven't seen her in the common room nor the girls dorm for a week." said Hermione, frowning.

"So?" snorted Ron "She's clearly fraternising with the enemy."

"One more negative thing about her and I will shove this piece of sausage up your nose, Ronald Weasley." said Hermione, her eyes shooting daggers at Ron.

"What do you mean? She's always in the common room." said Harry "Well, when you're not around at least." he shrugged.

Hermione bit her bottom lip in frustration. She missed her. She missed her touch. She missed her warmth. She missed the familiar coffee scent. She missed her tracing random shapes on her thigh in classes. Ever since the quidditch match, Y/N had changed her seats. She now sat with either Harry or Ginny, or with Pansy and Draco when they had classes with the Slytherins.

"I know how to help you get her off your mind." said Pansy, looking into those dark eyes she simply admired.

"Then do it." said Y/N plainly.

Hermione turned around and looked at the Slytherin table. Spotting Pansy cupping her jaw, leaning in...

All the air in Hermiones lungs seemed to have left as she watched Pansy press her lips against Y/N's. The dark haired girls eyes widened and took a quick glance at the bushy haired girl who looked like in a verge of tears. She shut her eyes close, smirking in the kiss.

----------

Harry and Y/N walked to Professor Umbridge's office. They were talking about their hatred towards the toad-like woman.

"Looks like a damn toad." said Y/N and Harry immediately nodded in agreement.

They reached the office, Harry reluctantly knocked on the door and a sweet voice spoke "Come in."

He opened the door and the two steped in, spotting Professor Umbridge wearing a horrible pink cardigan. She indicated them to sit down and they obliged. There was a piece of parchment on front of them, and a quill next to it.