Mistletoe

----------

You'll always have high expectations if you're a Malfoy. You're expected to be the best at everything you do, and you're expected to stay away from muggle-borns, or rather be hostile towards them.

But Draco's twin, Y/N Malfoy never seems to listen to whatever her parents or ancestors tell her. Criticism seemed to simply bounce off her. She always said that she was her own woman, and she'll live how she wants.

Surprisingly, her twin brother always supports her quietly with her choices. In fact, he silently admires her, as though he looked up to her. He wanted to be free like her as well, be stress-free and be his own person.

The twins stepped inside the class, a groan leaving Draco's lips at the sight of the Golden Trio, but Y/N's smile only widened at the sight of the familiar bushy haired girl.

"Ah. Take a seat, take a seat." said Professor Slughorn.

Y/N didn't hesitate to slump her bag to the seat right next to Hermione, while Draco sat with Pansy across them. The bushy haired girl let out a sigh.

"Happy to see me?" said a bemused Y/N.

"Whatever." responded Hermione with a huff, keeping her gaze on the table.

"You're not denying it." said Y/N, her lips curling into her usual smirk.

This was a daily thing ever since third year. Y/N shamelessly adored her, despite her glares and hostility.

Hermione would shove her when Y/N gifted her flowers, always rolling her eyes and lowering her head in embarrassment at the pick up lines Y/N would shout to her from across the room.

Y/N loved everything about the bushy haired girl; the knitted mittens she wore to class, the way her eyes creased when she smiled, her laugh and giggles, or even the candy scent she always had.

Y/N wasn't even focusing in class, which was nothing out of ordinary. She was staring at Hermione in wonder, she took note of her melodious laugh, the way her lips flattened slightly when she was confused, or how she fiddled with her fingers when she was nervous.

She watched as the bushy haired girl raised her hand to answer, how her colourful bracelets clinked together, a small smile growing on her face when she got the answer right.

Ever since third year when her friends, Ron and Harry ignored her for weeks, she had made it her priority to make jokes and try to make her laugh. Always keeping her company when no one else would, hoping to silently tell her that she was loved; that she deserved love.

But as Hermione turned her head to face Y/N, she looked away, refusing to believe that such a person would love someone like her, a Malfoy.

Hermione's smile fell, knowing that she wanted to meet her eyes. But she quickly shook her head and turned her attention back to Professor Slughorn.

She wanted to hate Y/N; Every fibre of her pleaded her to avoid her at every cost, to roll her eyes at her silly jokes, and not dare smile when she spoke. She pleaded herself to hate her silly grin and floppy platinum hair, or her ink-stained shirts and the lavender scent she always carries.

Yet, little did the girl know that her presence caused her to be impulsive, to not think clearly.

Hermione thought that she was doing everything wrong by falling for a Malfoy.

But Y/N's melodious laugh, and her silly jokes were things she had been so unaccustomed to, pulling her in like a drug.

Both were intoxicated by eachothers presence, both of their hearts beating in an iambic pentameter as it created its own sonnet.

But she was a Malfoy, and Hermione was a muggle-born. Oh forbidden romance, ever so romantic, ever so fatal.

Hermione's hand punched the air again.

"It's Amortentia!"

"It is indeed. It seems almost foolish to ask," said Slughorn, who was looking mightily impressed, "but I assume you know what it does?"

"It's the most powerful love potion in the world!" said Hermione.

"Quite right! You recognized it, I suppose, by its distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen?" said Professor Slughorn with a nod.

"And the steam rising in characteristic spirals," said Hermione enthusiastically, "and it's supposed to smell differently to each of us according to what attracts us, for example I smell lavender, cologne, and- and ink?" she said uncertainly with a blush.

Y/N let out a snicker as Draco shot her a smirk, jerking his head at Hermione's direction.

"Oho. Why don't you have a turn, Ms. Malfoy?" said an amused Professor Slughorn.

Y/N lifted up her sleeves up to her forearm as she leaned in to smell the potion.

"Old books, parchment, and candy." said Y/N plainly with a shrug, already knowing the outcome.

She went back to her seat, looking to her side, and to her bemusement, Hermione was wearing a rather satisfied smirk, her head lowered down in attempt to hide it.

And that was when the line between her love and hate towards Y/N Malfoy became blurred.

----------

This'll have like three parts or sum lol *laughs in more reads*