Chapter 14: Best husband

Blake's POV

I Broke the speed limit. An enforcer tried to stop me but good thing Mason followed me home and he cut off the tailing police car.

I'll deal with that later.

I hazardously parked my car in front of my house and leave the car running. One of my security will park it for me. I don't have time.

My Cara needs me.

I bound the stairs in big leaps to reach our room. I barged inside our room and saw Cara lying down on our bed unconcious.

Oh my soul.

Charlie is standing beside Cara and greets me.

"What did the doctor say?" I murmured while gently sitting beside Cara on the bed.

I gently carress her face and hair while Charlie gave me the run down on what the doctor said.

"The doctor said that it is a combination of stress and early sign of flu. He prescribed some tablet for her fever and multivitamins since I told him that Miss Cara doesn't have enough sleep. He advised that she should rest for 3 to 5 days and she can comeback to work once her appetite comes back to normal."

"Thank you Charlie. Please serve all our meals at our room for now."

"Certainly Master Blake." Then he silently went out of the room.

"We are not even married for a month Amore and you are sick. I am failing miserably in taking care of you."

I sigh and change out of my suit.

Charlie served my dinner to my room as instructed. As I was eating I call James.

"What?" My bestfriend always answer my calls with tons of affection.

"Cara's sick." I muttered.

"Good Job Blake." See what I mean? James doesn't know the word comfort.

"I know okay. You don't need to remind me."

"Did you at least call a doctor to check her?"

"Of course! I am not that dumb." I replied defensively.

"How's she now? What did the doctor say?"

"She has a flu and stressed out."

"Of course she'll be stressed out. I am only talking to you on the phone and I am already feeling stressed. How much more living with you everyday?! Poor Cara."

I roll my eyes and starting to reconsider continuing this friendship.

"Don't tempt me James. I might come and live with you in your house. Or is this your roundabout way of inviting me to sleep in your house?"

"Fuck no. My security will kill you on site. That's a fucking promise."

"Whatever. Can you do me a favor?"
I remember my speeding ticket.

"For the right price." The smartass replied.

"It is not a favor James if you are asking for a payment."

"I know but I should ask for a payment already since all your favors are involving crimes and bails."

I gasp and said "Crimes and bails? What the? When?"

"Remember when you shop lifted a whole pack of hershey's kisses and Milk chocolate bar?"

"No! I simply forgot to pay for it because when I reached the cashier I already finish the whole thing!"