Chapter 16: Hot pink

Cara's POV

A few days had passed and there is no significant events happened. I am staring at the wall of the maintenance room when an idea popped into my mind.

It is already at the end of my shift so I immediately change out of my uniform to prepare the things I needed for my plan.

Good thing that Blake will be a little bit late since his meeting was delayed.

Luke and Zach was surprised when I came barelling down the private garage of Blake looking for Carter.

"Is there something wrong Mrs. Bradford?" Luke ask.

"No. I am just looking for Carter. Did you see him?"

"Yes. I'll just call him." Zach answered. He bring out his phone and I assume he was calling Carter.

In a minute I hear a rumbling of a car and saw the black car that I always use for transportation.

Carter went out of the car and swiftly open the back door.

"Tell the rest of the team to go to our house at 7pm okay?" Zach and Luke nodded.

"Where to Ma'am?"

"Target."

Carter nodded and drive us to Target.

I got the things that I needed for the prank that I planned for my dear husband. It is not an original one but I know it will be epic.

We went home and I hurriedly do what I needed before Blake comes home.

I went down and saw my team stand straight when they saw me coming down from the stairs.

"Goodevening Mrs. Bradford." All of them greets at the same time.

I awkwardly greets them back and told them to sit down.

"I want a report regarding the activities of Jean Davis."

"After Mr. Bradford embarrassed her in front of her team she starts to transfer the brunt of her anger to her employees. It is terrible ma'am. They are pulling a two hours overtime everyday." I nodded. She will be my priority.

"Nile what about Rodriguez?"

"He is still admitted in the hospital. We already gather all the information that we needed to put him in Jail. I already submitted it to Sir. Mason."

"I know he will pull the I-am-insane card at the court trial. Make sure he doesn't. I don't care if we needed to bribe a doctor to deny his claims but he needs to be put in Jail. ASAP." I reminded them.

"That is covered already by Mr. Rosen-Hower."

"James?" I ask perplexed.

"Yes Ma'am. He went to us even before we bugged Mr. Rodriguez office."

"What?! That was more than a month ago! Why did no one inform me?" I exclaimed.

"We are sorry Ma'am. He went to the command center on our break. We are surprise that he personally showed up. He was with his two personal Guard which I can personally say are so damn scary."
Baby Jeezus explained.

"He kindly inform us what will happen to us if we inform you and Mr. Bradford that he went to the command center. I swear to the Gods Ma'am  Mr. Rosen-Hower scare the bejeezus out of us just by just staring at us." All ten of them shiver immediately after clearly remembering their encounter with James. They look frightened. All of a sudden all of them look pale.

It is unusual that reaction comes from meeting James. He was always corteous and funny in all of our interactions.

So James is really so far ahead of us. He really is taking care of Blake in his own scary way. Blake is right. James is deadly. Gorgeous but deadly.