Chapter 23: brother in law

Cara's POV

I woke up feeling great.

After we ate yesterday Blake accompanied me. He even encourage me to spend more. So I did, but the difference was I bought things for Angel, Carter, Mason, Charlie and even the team CARAmel.

I bought all of them neck ties from Turnbull  & Asser which set backs Blake $2,400. I bought Angel a black satchel from Chanel which I know she'll love.

Let's say Blake was disappointed that I only buy 2 bags for myself. I told him the Birkins and Kellys that he bought me before we got married are enough.

I got ready for work. I made sure that my alarm was set. I place my phone under my pillow to make sure that Blake will not mess up my alarm.

After I ate breakfast I went to the office. I told Carter the details of his date. I called Angel last night and she reluctantly agreed.

I greeted all the guards which in return they bow at me.

I change out off my normal clothes and wear my fabulous overalls.
I clean the restroom first because it takes more time and I really hate a dirty restroom.

I finished at 9am just in time for my breakfast at the cafeteria. I greeted Jane and Maria who are gossping at the reception's desk.

I reached the cafeteria and the situation are also the same. Employees are grouped together gossiping. What's going on?

I received my 2 cheese croissants and a glass of orange juice.

I observed all the staffs while I ate.

I've never seen this place full at this time. It was strange that staffs from the other departments are here usually the cleaners are the only people who ate at this hour.

I throw all my trash and walk slowly to catch what these employees are talking about.

"Did you hear that our CEO was already married?"

"Yes! I thought he was single all this time!"

"True that. I can hear the heart breaking of our female employees. They thought they have a chance."

"She's gorgeous even if the picture was a little bit grainy."

Wait. Pictures? As in plural form?

I speed walk out of the cafeteria and straight to Blake's office.

I discretely entered his room. Blake was holding his tablet with a scowl on his face.

"Goodmorning."

Blake looked up and smiled.

"Goodmorning to you too Amore. Come. You made the headlines."

I arc an eyebrow.

I peer on his shoulder and saw what he was talking about.

Billionaire CEO Blake Bradford got secretly Hitched! Mystery woman still unidentified!

My face was plastered at the front. The good thing was my face was still partially covered by my sunglasses and hat.

"I like this picture. It makes you look mysterious Amore. I'll get a copy."

Blake lift his line and call Mason.

"Mason get a copy of Cara's picture that was posted on PEOPLE magazine. Yes the side view one. No let the rumors fly. As if they'll find anything about her. Good."

"You seriously got a copy?" I ask stunned.

"Of course Amore. You look beautiful in it."

I roll my eyes and slump on Blake's lap.