Chapter 3.3

Out of all the things going on in her life, never have she ever thought that it will result to this. All she ever asked was for her parent's support...but she didn't ever got it, neither she wanted it anymore, whatsoever.

Allah has surely examined her patience in a unique way. She had a family when their were plenty of children craving for it, but was it really a Family? Wasn't family supposed to be each other's pillar, each other's strength, be happy with each other's existence? Just like her Mamu's family...dang it... her train of thought just have to stop at her Mamu's!

"Kya khaogi?" She looked at Riyaz and than at the menu in her hand. Instead of eating in hospital's canteen, they were sitting in a restaurant just across it. She placed her order and smiled at the waitress who penned it down and now turned towards Riyaz.

"Umm...I would just have one chicken sandwich with extra cheese." He said nervously without looking at Rida.

"I didn't knew you had a thing for cheese." She smiled teasingly as soon as the waitress left.

"Who doesn't?" He shrugged acting non chalant making her laugh.

She didn't realised how easily she tends to forget about her hell of a life when she is with him. It doesn't take even a second to lose up infront of him.

"Mujhe tumse baat karni thi zaruri." For the person who doesn't express his feelings ever in front of anyone beside his family, it would be the first and the longest conversation he already knew it! And when she nodded her head for him to continue it was his queue...because he was in now or never situation.

"About that day...when you heard me talking to Zehna...it was all a lie to make her agree. And I am sorry for what happened." His words were straight forward but with the tone he used, anyone would easily detect that he was nervous.

Rida went rigid at the topic he inflicted upon her. Memories of his cruel words, taunts and murderous eyes, loud tone came back like a hurricane and pushed her off a cliff. Closing her eyes she tried to calm herself. Riyaz could see she wasn't happy that he bought up this topic. But he was helpless, he wouldn't get a chance if not now to apologise to her.

"Its okay." She looked down hiding her red eyes from his and mumbled playing with her fingers.

For his words had tortured her more than one of her father's beating!

But he apologised...didn't she wished for her Allah to forgive her when she asks him for it? Than how she herself couldn't do the same thing?

"Really?" She looked up at his now lit up face. He sighed in relief and slumped back in his chair as if a burden was lifted off his chest. A burden, for which he took nearly a year to apologize.

She smiled and nodded her head, while her heart beat took a pace when his smile grew even wider if that was even possible.

"So...is that a chance for us?" He couldn't help but ask hopefully and Rida felt herself dying before turning down his hopeful eyes and a smile worth everything in the universe.

"No...it can't be." She wiped away her tear with the back of her hand. "Mera Nikah hai friday ko." Will her parents let her live peacefully if she got married to this man sitting in front of her whose expressions took a U turn when he realised what she said? Will her parents let him live peacefully for marrying her? Was she strong enough to be a disgrace to her Mamu's perfect family? Will she be able to live with the truth that she ruined her Mamu's happy family?

Without saying or glancing at him and anything she started having her food as soon as the waitress kept it on the table to avoid looking at him or further conversation.