5 : everlasting

Before Hwayoung could even finish her sentence, she wobbled for the sixth time.

Fuck, I've lost my balance again- She shut her eyes as tightly as she could and waited to feel the impact of the ground on her back.

After a long wait, she still had not felt herself landing on the hard marble floor but, she felt something holding onto her that most probably prevented her from falling.

Hwayoung then got up the courage to pry open her eyes, only to find out that Jungwon's face was just centimetres away from hers and his hand was holding onto her, preventing her from falling.

The both of them made that eye contact again. That everlasting one...

She could feel his warm breaths panning onto her face while she admired his sharp features. Whereas, he could feel her colder breaths panning onto his face while he looked at the stars in her eyes.

*Ding Dong*

The doorbell rang, signalling that Jungwon's mother was back home.

That sound, however, only let the both of them break o their gaze from each other and snapped Jungwon back to reality. Unexpectedly, before Hwayoung could even regain her composure, he nervously let go of his arm, only making her feel the hard marble floor again.

"Ow..." Hwayoung winced and slowly got up by herself when she saw Jungwon staring at her.

"That was so embarrassing as hell..." She thought to herself and brushed o the 'imaginary' dust on her shirt.
"I think it's time for our session to end." Hwayoung realised when she saw the clock showing, '7 pm.' "Okay..." Jungwon awkwardly replied.

"Thank you so much, today's session was one of the best." Hwayoung smiled when she recalled how much fun they had earlier. Jungwon just gave her a small smile and nodded as he followed to the main gate. "His first time?" Hwayoung noticed the character development in him.

Seems like Jungwon was able to be more open towards her.

This session worked!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, YUNHEE! Hwayoung squealed internally in delight.

Before she left to her chaueur, Jungwon picked up his courage to call out her name, "Hwayoung!" She turned around and tilted her head in confusion, slightly surprised that he even called her.

"W-When's your birthday?" Jungwon asked out of his own curiosity.

"263 days before your next birthday." Hwayoung made it a little difficult for him and she left.

Jungwon immediately took out his phone to search up for the answer. "22 May and that's tomorrow?!" Jungwon gasped as he watched Hwayoung's car drove away.

"22 May?" Jungwon muttered as he thought about what he should do about it.

"Jungwon! Let's have dinner right now, okay?" His mother came over with a bright smile.

"Sure!" He replied to her with excitement which only made her startled to the ground. He then quickly headed back to the house before his mother.

"Since when did he start to reply to me- What the..." She was so stunned that she was not even able to form simple sentences.

"Eo Hwayoung- You are a legend." Aunty Jinkyong thought while her heart was exploding in happiness and quickly followed Jungwon from behind.

{{ }}

"Mum, what should I do for my friend's birthday tomorrow?" Jungwon asked.

"Your friend's birthday? I thought you disliked-" His mother stopped herself from continuing.

But, who's birthday is it? Hwayoung's? His mother guessed internally since she had read Hwayoung's documents before. She knew that if she asked Jungwon who it was, it might ruin his mood. Therefore, she was going to remain silent about it.

"Maybe you can buy your friend a gift or go to the amusement park with him or her. After all, tomorrow is International Being You Day, you should ask that friend of yours to do something he or she has always wanted to do but, never dared to. Or do something that he or she never got the chance to do." His mother suggested.

"Amusement park?" That idea caught Jungwon's attention and he took out his phone to search for amusement parks.

"Do you want to go there? I can ask my secretary to help you book two tickets to an amusement park." His mother said. "Alright, thanks mum." He smiled and kept his phone back into his pocket.

"For a present, what do you want to give her though?" His mother added on.

"How do you know it's her?"

"Oh- I just guessed, haha!" His mother laughed it off and fortunately, Jungwon just nodded his head and they went back to the previous topic.

"I'm not really sure, what do you think I should give her? Flowers? Jewelry? Food? Money? Clothes?" Jungwon asked.

"Give her something meaningful. You do need to know that money does not bring happiness to some people." His mother reminded him.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean like you would not know whether she is allergic to flowers or chocolates. She may be rich herself already if she comes from a wealthy family. I don't think she would really need any of those you have just thought about. Try to give her something that money can't even buy." His mother answered him and before he could respond to her, she walked back to her room.

"Something that money can't even buy?" Jungwon crossed his eyebrows out of confusion. "She likes dandelions, right?" Jungwon recalled from the game earlier.

"I just got the right thing!"