9 : partners

Hwayoung was in the classroom, doodling the forty-fifth dandelion on her paper.

She was feeling beyond exhausted and beyond bored to even care about anything.

These classes felt so boring for her as she already learnt all of those earlier beforehand.

"I could have just continued to sleep on my bed and not attend these boring classes!"
She muttered to herself as she slouched into her arms and fell asleep peacefully.

{{ }}

"Hwayoung, wake up! It's time for recess!"
Sihyo called out as she constantly poked Hwayoung's arm.

"Huh? Oh..."
The sleepy Hwayoung yawned and scratched her head while her eyes adjusted to the surrounding brightness.

"Hwayoung! Hwayoung!"
Sihyo excitedly called out.

"What..."
Hwayoung muttered with a slightly annoyed tone since she was really tired.

"Jungwon is so good-looking!"
Sihyo squealed like a fangirl when she pointed to the back of the classroom.

"Jungwon..."
Hwayoung thought when memories of yesterday flooded into her mind.

She then turned her head around to look at Jungwon sitting in his seat while he was writing some stuff on the paper.

Even doing such simple things, he looked so perfect, cool and effortless.

"Seems like he's fine now..."
She heaved a sigh of relief at the thought of yesterday.

The charisma and impact he had on people were intensively powerful.

That was also when Jungwon looked up when he felt someone's gaze on him.

Only making eye contact with Hwayoung.

Hwayoung then stared back at him with her mouth slightly parted away from each other.

They only then broke it off when one of Jungwon's friends named Jake called him from behind.

Then, when Hwayoung turned to look at Sihyo, she realised that Sihyo's face was just next to Hwayoung's.

"Oh my God..."
Sihyo looked away in shock.

"He made eye contact with me... Jungwon made eye contact with me... Yang Jungwon made eye contact with me..."
Sihyo blushed as she buried her face in the palms of her hands.

"Wait- what... Oh, Jungwon was starring at her the whole time?" Hwayoung thought when she heard Sihyo's words of mutter.

She felt a sudden drop in her heart.

She did not know why but, it felt so disappointing and awfully sad.

Is it because I fell-

"NO, HWAYOUNG!"
She scolded herself internally for having such nonsensical thoughts.