5:01| Pure Chaos

Nico Sinclair was once again talking to his cat

Cheddar the cat was highly unamused. He knew better than most that Nico needed more than two friends. He didn't include himself because he's stuck with him forever against his will. Partly. Nico made good food so Cheddar had to compromise his morals for this life.

Nico was ranting to his annoyed cat about the faults of the school system and how he would be made better. All two of his friends wouldn't be surprised if he ever took control of Hogwarts out of pure boredom or out of anger. But this plan was on hold due to outside issues.

"Are you telling that poor cat your plans again?"

Nico looked up to see one of his best friends. Remus Lupin, the 6'4 Gryffindor, was leaning against the compartment door with an easy smile on his face at the sight before him. In almost five years of knowing each other, they knew everything. Everything.

"Of course. He's the only one who won't judge me," Nico replied. Two sets of eyes looked at him. "Verbally."

Remus let out a breathy laugh which was followed by Nico's throaty one. The two 15-year-olds didn't even notice Cheddar take advantage of their little reunion and escape. Finally, he thought as he weaved in between unsuspecting people on the train to Hogwarts.

"How was your summer, wolf wolf?" Nico asked Remus who gave an eye-roll at the nickname given by an eleven-year-old.

"Better than last year. Thanks for the chocolate again. I still don't know how you make it yourself, but keep giving it."

"It's a family recipe. I'll keep giving it as long as you can stomach it."

"The day I can't eat your chocolate is the day after I die."

Nico raised an eyebrow. "After you die?"

"My ghost will find a way to eat chocolate, Neeks. If it doesn't, then it isn't my ghost and I'll find a new one."

"I don't think you can exchange ghosts, wolf wolf."

"I'll find a way."

"I'll help."

"That's what I just said, Neeks."

Nico laughed and drank another sip from his third coffee of the day. It was barely noon and this wasn't a surprise to either boy. Anyone who knew Nico knew he needed coffee to function. More coffee equals a better-functioning Nico. It was simple.

After about twenty minutes of an intense discussion of ghosts and spirits and summer, Nico realized his cat was missing. This caused almost two panic attacks, screaming, almost tears, and broken benches that neither boy knew you could break.

"WHERE IS MY CAT, REMUS?!"

"HOW SHOULD I KNOW?! YOU'RE THE SMART ONE!"

"JUST BECAUSE I'M SMART DOESN'T MEAN I MAGICALLY KNOW WHERE MY CAT IS!"