Chapter 8

✓ Kyojuro POV

"Rengoku-san are you awake?!"

A bang on the door woke me up. I let out a tired groan recognizing the voice. "Yes Kamado?" I asked still tired. "Master requested you and Uzui-san to see him." He spoke in an apologetic tone. "I'll be right there."

As I got up something strong pulled me down. It was Uzui. His hand was wrapped securely around my waist as his face nuzzled into my hair. "Oyakata-sama could wait." He groaned pulling me closer. "Uzui we need to go." I kissed his knuckles. "Noo I'm tired." He whined. All I could do was chuckle at his cuteness.

"If you let me go I'll give you a kiss."
In one swift movement he wasn't behind me anymore. Instead he stood in front of he full geared and ready. "You were saying?" He said looking at his freshly polished nails.

¶Timeskip

Finally we left.

Let's just say that promise kiss lasted longer than expected thanks to Uzui's impatience. We enter the gates of the Ubuyashiki Compound with Tomioka and Shinazugawa standing ten feet away from each other. I've never understood why Shinazugawa never liked Tomioka,Tomioka's always nice to me.

Minutes later we kneeled down at the arrival of the Master. "My children,today's rather a beautiful day perhaps with a blue sky." He asked with a soft smile. "It's good to see you to Oyakata-sama but I'd like to know why only half of the Hashira are here?" Uzui spoke up. "Well this is about you and Kyojuro's last mission."

"But we did carry out our mission right Master?" I asked maintaining my smile. "Well you did kill a demon just not the demon you were assigned." He then points to Tomioka and Shinazugawa. "I had to send Tomioka and Shinazugawa to the city." He then pointed at us. "I just want to know what prevented you to from completing your mission,not that you'll be punished I just want to know if something's troubling you."

"Oh! Umm...we just had a little tension between us." I tried to make an excuse.

✓ Uzui POV

Forget what I said back in chapter one about falling for myself there's no way I would make such an unflamboyant lie. "We fell in love with each other and we are now a happy couple." I flat out said. Sparring Kyojuro a side glance I noticed his body stiffening. Shinazugawa just had a shoked expression as Tomioka just had a straight face. "Oh my umm.....that unexpected but congratulations on your relationship." Oyakata-sama smiled. "You are dismissed."

Leaving the gate I felt a hit on my bicep. "You idiot I never said we were official." A blushing Kyojuro screamed. "But you promised." I pulled him closer. "So technically your mine and I'm all yours." Our lips were about to touch when Shinazugawa intervened with our kiss.

"Get a room!"