the taste of your mouth

A/N: ok ok IM BACK DO YALL MISS ME

TW: smoking

-

"How many time do I have to tell you to quit smoking so you will stop?" you asked with a stern face, crossing your arms in front of your chest.

She exhaled a ball of air before looking at you like you had invaded her personal space.

"It's a habit. And a habit, is near impossible to quit."

"And near impossible means it's possible. Plus, this is an addiction, not only a habit." You walked towards the edge of the balcony where she was sitting and said, "do you really not know what's the effect of smoking?"

"I do. But I just don't care." She shrugged.

"But I care. Please, for the sake of your health, and me, stop what you're doing right now and forever."

She rolled her eyes and grunted. Impatience grew in you. You tried to grab the cigarette from her hand but she extended her hand further and further away.

Eventually, you gave up and let out a sigh. She chuckled and patted the rail of the balcony. "Come. Sit here."

You followed her instruction and sat by her side. A mischievous smile appeared on her face. The next thing you know was that she was sitting on your lap with her right hand cupping your face. Her thumb brushed your cheeks gently. Heat rose to your cheek following her touch. She smiled when your bare face was showing a hint of rose blush.

She turned her head away, ignoring your scowl while pulling in a little smoke from the cigarette into her mouth. Words were lining up in your throat, but her finger on your lips stopped them from spilling out. The finger then slowly traced your lips and made them part slightly.

And she kissed you.

At least, that was what you thought. Your eyes were shut tight until she breathed out a cloud of smoke on your face. The burning air made you back away. She laughed at you while you were coughing and struggling for fresh air.

"What the hell?" you shouted when you felt better.

"Doesn't it taste great?" she asked.

"No!" you exclaimed, "I hate it!"

"Fine," she said. Her eyes were eyeing on your lips like she hadn't just tortured you a few seconds ago. You thought she was going to kiss you again when she leaned in. Though you loathed the taste of nicotine and her childish prank she pulled on you, to say that you were not yearning for another kiss would be lying. Your heart palpitated as her face was approaching.

But she missed your lips, and even went past your cheek. Puzzled, you turned your head to look at her and found out that she was actually trying to stub the cigarette in her hand on a gray spot of the white rail. Seeing her casually throwing the cigarette butt on the ground, a lecture was boiling in your head again. She seemed to sense the annoyance in so she calmed your mind by pressing her forehead on yours while wrapping her fingers around the back of your neck. The closeness between the two of you was not unusual, yet it awoke the butterflies in you when you could see her face so close to you, smell her scent, taste her breath.

"Can't you let me have some fun?" she asked breathily.

Before you could reply with anything, she tilted her head and your lips touched. The noise of vehicles rushing down the streets, the hustle of passer-by, everything, went silent. It was like everything on this Earth was hiding from the two of you so they were not deemed as intruders. You could not even feel your heart thumping as it should. Even though you had kissed her many times, her lips still held the power of ruling over your mind.

Your lips opened under hers and sank in those when you closed. The surging tide of the warmth poured into your throat and made you limp. You never thought you would love the taste of tobacco. The cigarette-flavored breaths were not enemies anymore when diluted with the taste of her mouth. They became the cherry on top when she breathed them in small portions. The desire to taste her more blossomed like flowers in spring.

Her fingers could be found intertwining with your hair while pulling your head closer. Certainly, she was hungry for you too. The tiny sips on your lips turned into an invasion of her tongue into your mouth. As it brushed against your tongue, it stung in the most wonderful way ever that made you long for more. Every sweep and touch and twist and turn of her tongue in your mouth were like a meticulously choreographed dance that could send ecstasy to you, her favorite audience.

How you would like the kiss to last forever, but she cut it off sooner than you think. Your eyelids loosened and opened again to see her grinning.

"I'll stop smoking from now on," she told you.

You were not expecting the sudden promise. "Why?"

"I like the taste of your mouth better."

-

A/N: This is a short one because I'm so uninspired :'(