7

Y/N'S POV:

I locked my car and went inside the hotel where the party was being held at, mom wrote the address in the back of the note which I saw before....she knows her daughter very well.

I opened the door and saw many familiar faces, all wearing fancy dresses while having a cocktail in each of their hands...I stepped in slowly putting my chin up.

The sound of my heels echoes through the hall while all of them grew silent by my presence. I took one of the cocktails arranged on the table and took a seat as my father climbed the stage.

"Good evening everyone! We thank you for spending your time with us this evening...." He started....I was just in time.

"...We Park family has invited each and everyone of you to take part in this vernissage , hope you'll stand with us and support us until the end..." As he said to me, he didn't talk anything about the one who created this painting.

While everyone cheered for him, my mom climbed up the stage to speak a few words. I placed the shining martini glass on the table and walked over to the stage. She finished what she wanted to say....I mean what my father told her to say...and she looked around and found me standing just behind my father.

My father looked at her confused of where she was looking behind, just then I walked past him to the stage.

"Good evening everyone!" I said as all of them stopped talking within themselves to let me speak. I took a moment to analyse all their faces....One can easily find out who are the rabbits and who are the snakes in a room.

Some of them were genuinely happy to see me here, some with a shrunken face and some with a dark fake smile on their face, not to mention my father! He had the best smile in this whole room....half of his teeth being on display....it was tooooo good to be true.

"Thank you for making time for us, I've given my 100% on this painting. Since this is my very first painting I was a little nervous but I am alright now! This painting holds a very special place in my heart...I am planning to make many paintings further in the future and make my own art gallery..... in the upcoming new year's eve!"

There goes another bomb....bang!

I smiled at the crowd and on the way back from the stage I heard them applausing. I again went up to the mic and said..."Well seems like I am not adopted anymore!" and went back to where I was sitting instead of sitting beside my parents.

I moved around and tried all the deserts that were available...this is the best night ever!!!

Just when I was stuffing my mouth with the pink macaroons...I saw a familiar face moving in the crowd...as I got closer it disappears....

After awhile when the end of the party was near...half of the hall was empty leaving only few behind, most of them were my dad's friends talking with him.

My mom came up to where I was standing and hugged me...this was what I needed at the end of the day...she must've had a lot of questions in her mind. While she was hugging me i noticed the same face I saw a while ago looking back at me.

What is he doing here??? Is this an hallucination? Just when I was figuring out if it was really him. I saw the blue butterfly fly right into the room....and I didn't feel my mom hugging me while the only thing I can clearly see in that room was his face.

and I didn't feel my mom hugging me while the only thing I can clearly see in that room was his face

#