NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN.
Take him. 

AS RUBY ENTERED THE shared bedroom, she was overtaken with confusion as she watched her best friend shrug on his jean jacket, Chucky now sitting on the beds edge.

"You going somewhere?" Ruby asked, cocking a brow as she closed the door, standing by it.

He glanced up at her before nodding, "Lexy's. Wanna come?"

"May I was why you're going? Wasn't she literally just here?" She chuckled, watching his face fall slightly as he looked at the redhead.

"Yeah. I've decided to give her what she wants. Chucky." Jake flashed a small grin, it sent chills down her spine.

Ruby gulped, "You wanna give her the doll that is a murderer and wants her dead? Seems like a logical plan, Jake. What could go wrong?"

"I'm right here, ya know." Chucky tilted his head to the side.

"How could I forget?" The girl responded sarcastically before returning her attention towards her best friend, "This ain't a good idea, Jake. I mean, Devon's mom is already onto you. One other slip up and Chucky's there it's all gonna lead back to you."

Jake clutched the doll, "He's gonna do it lowkey. It'll be fine. Don't worry, okay? Now let's go before it's to late."

Ruby sighed, shaking her head as she followed the boy out of the room, out of the front door and down the street towards Lexy's house.

The whole walk there Ruby had been talking Jakes ear off about how stupid this was, listing every single con possible.

Jake let her babble as they walked, shooting her look, gesturing for her to keep her mouth shut as he knocked on Lexy's door.

The blonde opened the door, furrowing her brows in confusion as they two stood outside, she shut the door behind her, "Why are you guys here?"

"I just-I thought it was cool of you to apologize the wya you did." Jake swallowed, avoiding her eyes.

She crossed her arms, "I know."

"I-and I just thought that you should have Chucky."

Lexy's little sister opened the door, her face lighting up at the sight of the redheaded doll, immediately she began to yell for him, "Chucky? Chucky!"

"She can have him?" Lexy asked, her voice soft as she flicked her eyes between the two, "Really?"

Jake's face was unreadable as he nodded slightly, "Yeah." He handed the doll over to the young girl, watching her spin around and squeal in happiness.

"This means a lot to her. Thank you." She smiled lightly, the boy nodding as a response, her face fell as she continued to speak, "But just want to be clear, I don't want you to think we're like friends now or something."

"No. No." Jake agreed, standing with his arms at his sides as the two disappeared into the large home, the colored door shutting with a small slam.

Jake felt a ping of guilt as he stuffed his hands in his pocket, walking in sync with the dark haired girl as they left the house.

The night was approaching quickly as the two teens kept strolling around the many neighborhoods, the cemetery gates caught the boys eyes.

"We got nothing better to do." He muttered before climbing the smaller fence, leaning down as he reached his hand towards Ruby.

She didn't hesitate as she grabbed his cold hand, using her upper body strength to help lift herself over the brick.

They hurried through the cemetery, passing many gravestones as they stayed low, eventually getting to their usual spot.

MARY WHEELER

The name read in big bold letters, she glanced up at the boys crinkled face, she stayed silent as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Mom, you always said it would get better, but it never did. Everything just got worse." He darted his eyes to his father's grave, "I don't expect you to forgive me. And I'm-sorry that I'm not the person you want me to be."

Ruby turned to her best friend, wrapping her arms around his larger frame as she hugged him, he began to sob into her shoulder, holding her tightly.

Her heart burned for him as she hated to see him at this low point, she rubbed his back in a comforting, fluttering her eyes shut.

"It's okay."

But is it all okay? Or was she just lying to herself?

I promise longer chapter are coming.
I've got a lot in store for you ;)