TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
The great plan?

RUBY WAS NEARLY SLUMPING over he desk as her biology teacher rambled, Jake shaking her awake as she whined.

"A few days ago, you were probably feeling shock, denial. That's normal. All of this is so much to take in. At this point, you might be feeling pain and guilt. That's still normal. Your feelings are valid and expected. Everyone will heal at their own speed, and if you need anyone to talk to, please know my door
is always open to you guys. I, know, probably think
I'm just the biology teacher, but feelings do start
on the molecular level." She smiled widely, glancing at the blank faces of her students.

With little to no sleep, Ruby was staring blankly forwards, nodding her head occasionally as she flipped through her text book pages.

"Okay, let's pick back up where we left off.  Chapter Three: Biotic and Abiotic Factors. What are living and non‐living beings of life?" She asked.

Before anyone had got the chance to raise their hand to respond, knocking had them all turning their heads towards the classroom door, an officer standing in the doorway.

"Why don't you guys get started on the chapter questions. I'll be back in just a minute." The teacher nodded her head, stepping out of the classroom as she softly shut the door behind her.

Immediately, Devon, Lexy, Jake, and Ruby gathered in a circle, eyeing on another.

"How does he even move around so fast? He's a freaking doll." Lexy exclaimed with furrowed brows.

Ruby shrugged, "Maybe he left Hackensack."

"No. He's a psycho back in his hometown on a mission. He's not leaving." Jake brushed off her suggestion, shaking his head as he laid his palms flat on the desk.

"What do we do about Junior? We should tell him." Lexy glanced over her shoulder, the boy already looking at them with confusion.

Ruby quickly shook her head in disagreement, "No. No, we can't bring him into this."

"He dosent have the imagination." Jake added, backing the brunette up, "Its just the four of us."

"Guys, we have to think. No one's reported any weird shit since the hospital so he must be itching to kill by now." Ruby glanced up at the group, "Maybe we're going about this the wrong way. Maybe it's not where
he's going next, its... It's who. Devon, you know serial killers better than anyone, what are you thinking?"

Devon sighed lowly, "Well, most of the time it's opportunity but sometimes they fixate on a certain kind‐‐"

Junior walked over, interrupting their conversation as Devon quickly stopped speaking, "What're you guys talking about?"

"Nothing." Ruby replied, pulling her lips into her mouth as he examined her with doubtful eyes.

"Have you guys seen "Westworld?"" The boy began to babble, "It's a crazy theme park with these hot robots and you can, like, do anything you want to them. It's really cool. Have any of you been?"

Everyone shook their heads no, his face falling lightly as he could sense the feeling of being unwelcome by the group.

"Guys, can we get back to work please? Less chat, more science." She strolled back into the room, her hair pinned up neatly as she seemed distressed, "All right,
who can give me an example of one of the biotic factors?"

Ruby slouched in her stool, her phone beside her buzzing as she flipped it over, reading the text message from Lexy, she turned to her with a nod before going back to the teachers lesson.

The class felt like ages, soon the bell rang signaling for the chaotic halls to fill with rushing students, Ruby slung her heavy backpack over one shoulder as she hurried out the class before being stopped by a brunette.

"Hey, Ru." Junior began to catch up to her, "How you doing? You haven't been around much."

"I'm around a lot actually. You just don't pay attention." Ruby chuckled, watching as the boys face scrunched up in embarrassment.

He nodded with flat lips, "Right, sorry. Are you coming to dinner tonight? We really want you to be there. Or at least I do."

Ruby was taken back by his words, tilting her head to the side with her brows pulled together, "Um, uh, Sure?"

"Great. I'll see you later." He tapped her shoulder before walking off, leaving her standing still in confusion, she brushed it off with a head shake as she approached her English class.

last nights episode of euphoria.
y'all. what the actual fuck-
anyways, obx 3 in the making!!
i cant wait to start writing ;)
hope you enjoyed this chapter, lots more to come
ur way.