THIRTY SEVEN

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
Unwanted guests.

RUBY SAT WITH HER jaw clenched, hands resting on her lap, eyes teary and lips flat.

Chucky only smirked as the girl grew angrier, darting his eyes up from the lifeless body and to her glossy eyes, "Now, that's no way to speak to your dearest uncle, Rubyln."

Ruby's heart skipped as the nicknamed left his mouth, she hadn't heard it in years, not after her father left. She swore she'd never left herself be called such a name, "Don't say that. Don't fucking say that."

"Why not? Isn't that what you're father called you? I must say, you're a lot like him. Are you gonna pick up and leave?" Chucky teased, tilting his head to the side.

"Shut the fuck up! Shut up! Shut up!" She yelled, only egging on the doll.

Chucky cackled lowly, "I forget how sensitive you can be. You were always a crybaby."

Junior moved his hair away from his eyes, looking down at his blood covered hands, "I need to clean this up."

He walked to the bathroom, washing his hands harshly in the dark.

As he finished, someone repeatedly honked outside of his home, he turned towards the front door, Ruby behind him as her chest rose up and down rapidly.

They slowly went down the steps, approaching the double doors, glancing merely at each other before the boy opened the door.

The sweet smell of cinnamon and whiskey hit their noises, the familiar blonde headed woman holding a tray flashed them a warm smile.

"Hello? Oh. Hellooo. Hi, Junior. Hi, Ruby. You don't know me yet, but I wanted to bring you something to help you through this difficult time. It's Swedish meatballs! Your father's favorite." Tiffany handed him the food.

Junior furrowed his brows at the woman, clutching them warm tray, "I know you."

"Aren't you a little young to have seen "Bound"?" Tiffany giggled, tucking her loose curls behind her ears.

He shook his head, "No, you were the--the lady at my mom's funeral."

"Oh. There...There." She caressed his cheek, "Don't worry. It's gonna get a lot better, I promise. Is Jake home? You know,he's been through this before. He knows how important it is to have a woman in the house to take care of you. You mustn't ever let circumstances take that away from you." Tiffany preached, keep her shiney white teeth on display.

"What were you doing there with my dad?" Junior asked, narrowing his eyes at the overly kind woman.

Tiffany gasped, her eyes widening, "Oh, my God, he didn't tell you? Oh, no, no, I've said too much already.
I...Don't tell anybody, okay, Junior? It'll be our little secret, okay? I was never heard."

They watched as she hurried off to her car, sliding into it as she backed out of the driveway with ease, they stood there, frozen and confused of what had just happened.

Ruby grabbed the boys arm, "C'mon."

Junior, Ruby, and Chucky sat at Jake's room window, looking out of it, another unfamiliar car approaching the home.

"Shit. Who is he?" Junior cursed, watching the man exit his car.

"Someone who never had the balls to be one of us." Chucky sighed, shaking his head as he stood on the wooden desk.

Ruby chuckled, darting her eyes to the doll, "Or the height. Dude's almost as short as you."

"I know, right?" Chucky laughed, placing his small hand on his stomach.

The doorbell chimed, Ruby surprised that Chucky hadn't slit her throat for making that joke, she leaned back watching the two discuss.

"What do we do?" Junior muttered, the doorbell continuously ringing.

"What do you think?" Chucky cocked a brow, gesturing his head towards the exit of Jake's bedroom, which Junior nodded.

authors note!
yes, these scenes aren't in order
but i wanted to do it this way. it was
just easier & quicker so my apologies!!