FORTY ONE

CHAPTER FORTY ONE
Down to us.

RUBY HURRIED OVER TO her friends, working quickly to untie him, her shaky hands making her frustrated as she groaned.

She removed the tape from his mouth, him hissing in pain as his skin burned, he sucked in a breathe as he looked up at her, "Thank you. I really thought you were gonna leave me."

"I couldn't do that. I'm not a bad person. At least, I don't think I am." Ruby chuckled, fumbling with the knotted rope, her knees bent slightly as she crouched down.

"Get up!" Chucky yelled, making both teens turn around, the bottom half is his bottom standing, his head lying a few feet away, a knife clutched his hand, "Kill the twinks."

Ruby swallowed, grabbing the lamp in defense, before she could smack the small body, a gunshot pierced through it, a yelp escaping her chapped lips.

"Andy." The two said in sync, the weigh lifting off his shoulder as he clutched the gun.

"They delivered the dolls in a truck." Devon informed him, helping Ruby undo the last knot as he stood, lips parted, "Andy, they're all alive."

Andy bit his bottom lip, his expression filled with worry, he glanced up at them, "Just get out. Now."

Ruby just nodded, grabbing the boys arm as she led them out of the security filled house, keeping her guard up as she flicked the flashlight on.

They exited the home, watching as Kyle entered through the front door, they screamed loudly as an attempt to warn the clueless woman about the explosives.

Instead, they were to late. The bombs going off one by one, hands coming up to cover their heads as they threw themselves onto the grass, flames shooting up over the entire home.

Devon scurried to his feet, helping the girl up as they fled, hoping that the two inside had safely made it out, all they could do was hope.

They headed back to Devon's, running as the sound of fire trucks flooded the small town of Hackensack, their sneakers hitting the concrete as they nearly threw themselves into Devon's front door, shutting it harshly behind them as if they were being chased by a killer.

Ruby was out of breathe, immediately collapsing on the boys bed, her chest rising up and down as she could hear her heartbeat in her ears, the ringing giving her a massive migraine.

"Are you alright?" Devon panted, falling back into his computer chair, boxes covering his blank room.

"Yes. Are you?" Ruby nodded, keeping her eyes shut as she laid on her back, the exhaustion was overpowering her body.

Devon shook his head with a hum, to tired to even answer her.

With the shared words, both of the teens had passed out, the night was something that would terrorize them for what seemed like forever.

Ruby woke up to an empty room, the sun peeking through the windows, she looked around, brushing her fingers through her nappy hair as she stood.

She glanced up as she saw a silhouette in the doorframe, a teary eyed Jake with slumped shoulders.

"Ruby? I thought you were dead." He gasped, tackling the girl with a large hug, holding her tightly as he shook his head.

She was confused as she hugged him back, furrowing her brows, "Sorry, what?"

"You and Devon. I saw the news. Charles old house blew up and your locations were there. A-And I just thought I saw never gonna see you guys again. Where is he?" Jake ranted, pushing out a breathe as he glanced around the room.

Devon walked into the bedroom, holding a cup of water as he pulled his brows together, "Jake?"

Jakes face washed over with relief, running up into the boys arms as he held him tight, choking on his own tears as Devon was full of confusion.

The group sat on the bed, Jake furrowing his brows as he dumped questions on them, "So, what happened?"

"That women." Devon stated, his voice horse, "She was at Bree's wake.She planted a bomb."

Jake nodded, "What about Andy and Kyle?"

"We got out, but...they were both inside." Devon had a slight frown on his face.

Ruby shook her head as she played with the gold rings on her fingers, looking between the two boys, "We're on our own. Again."

"Kyle said that Chucky needs to convince an innocent to kill somebody. If he does, he'll have an army." Jake explained throughly, "But who's the innocent? And who did they kill?"

Ruby glanced down at her jittering hands, swallowing as the gruesome scene replayed in her mind, her tone was low, "He killed his dad. Junior."

"There was a room full of Chuckys, living ones, at the house. There were dozens of them. But they took them away in a truck. Those dolls could be anywhere." Devon told him, a hint of fear as he spoke.

"The mayors benefit is today. Some fundraiser for children's hospital." Jake informed the group, his head slightly tilted.

Rudy lifted her head, "Chucky's gonna hit the benefit. We gotta get to the theater."

Start getting your tissues prepared.