Chapter 8

Peyton POV:

"Wow, who knew you could be so interesting" I say laughing

"What can I say I'm pretty amazing. But anyway you go, tell me about yourself"

"Well in my free time I like hanging out with friends, playing video games like Minecraft, Fortnite, Valorant, Apex Legends, Rocket League, that kind of stuff. I play guitar but I haven't played in a while, I LOVE karaoke singing but I can't sing for the life of me" I say laughing "I like staying in too rather than going out, just something about being home and comfortable is relaxing and I like watching new TV shows"

"Well maybe you can help me play fortnite because the most amount of kills I've gotten in 1 game is 3" she says laughing.

"Well, if you're my teammate you're gonna have get more than 3. I normally get around 8-12 a game."

The conversation went on like this for a while and I'm really having a good time. Paige is so easy to talk to it's like the conversation never dies and it's not like she's talking to me just because I'm one of the top softball players in the country, she just really wants to know me, the real me, and I couldn't be more happier about that.

When it comes time to pay Paige quickly hands the waitress her credit card.

"What the heck, I wanted to pay" I complained

"Nope, not happening"

"Well we could've at least split it" I reasoned

"No. I asked you to dinner so I pay" she said smiling.

Ugh, I can't with this girl.

Once Paige paid for dinner I thanked her and we  walked back to our dorms. We found out that we both live in the same building she just lives in the suite style rooms with Christyn and Nika which are 2 floors above me.

She walked me up to my room and I thanked her for dinner.

"Thank you for tonight, I really enjoyed it, and you played amazing tonight as well which was a bonus" I said as I went in to hug her.

She hugged back "Of course, I'm glad you enjoyed tonight I had a great time, and I'm glad I played good too or else that would've been embarrassing"

I pulled away from the hug and playfully punched her arm "Oh shut up, it wouldn't have been embarrassing"

"Whatever you say" she responds

"Well I'll talk to you soon?"

"Oh for sure, you can't get rid of me that easily" she says joking.

"Oh my god" I say laughing shaking my head. "Bye Paige" I say turning around to go in my dorm.

"Bye Peyton"