Chapter 11: Graduation

The graduation ceremony is happening today, which is two weeks before the end of the semester, because it's the only day that the city hall is available. Nobody dreams of waking up early on Saturday. Some would rather be in their slumber at home, but graduation doesn't happen every weekend. Some would rather stay home and watch their favorite anime, but wearing graduation gown and taking photos with their loved ones are more important. Some would rather go and get brunch while enjoying the sunlight, and they go for it.

Jimin grins a little bit looking at the view of the flower garden in front of him while sipping on his orange juice. Chewing bacon and crab sandwiches, he's the only person in the restaurant.

Not dressed up for the ceremony, Jimin made it clear to his friends and his understanding parents that he's not going. He's a social butterfly, but what's the point anyways? It's just another simple day. The weather is hot. He hates to sweat. Attending the ceremony or not, he is graduating, and it is official.

Another reason that he would never tell anyone, not even himself, is that he knew he would be crying because this ceremony means change. It's becoming harder and harder for Jimin to accept that things are not going to be the same. No more chatting in the canteen with his friends. No more funny pranks. No more running away from teachers when he's late. No more parties.

No more Jungkook. There you go.

If Jimin feels so emotionally attached to the teachers or his classmates, he would have been there at the ceremony, taking photos with everyone.

The thoughts have been getting heavier day by day that he's not getting to see those big doe eyes and bunny teeth everyday. Jimin can't imagine life without Jungko-.

"Jiminie, guess who is this?" The voice that belongs to Taehyung is being heard playfully. His soulmate is covering his eyes to tease him.

"Tae, what are you doing here?" Jimin utters as his tears fall down. It was the right timing when he felt his tears falling down from his eyes.

"Everyone is here to surprise you, and they're on their way in. You're moving to the bigger table with us." Taehyung whispers. "So deep breath. Swallow your little tears. We'll keep it for later with all the comfort food. I promise I'll cry with you no matter what this is about." The taller boy still covers Jimin's eyes from behind. He was supposed to tease Jimin, but he knew right away when his hands were feeling wet. Not yawning, kind of wet. "Ready?"

"Mhm. And what do you mean by everyone?"

"Here." Taehyung takes his hands out before he puts a blue graduation cap on Jimin's head. "And this. Put this on. By everyone, I mean everyone. Park, Jeon, Min and Kim."

"What's going on? How do you know I was here?" Jimin frowns. His alone time is being interrupted.

"You know we follow your secret Instagram account. Nice orange juice sipping selfie." Taehyung chuckles.

"We're not supposed to meet until the party tonight. I'm having lunch with my parents." Jimin raises his voice. He hates surprises.

"Your parents are already here. Come on." Taehyung pulls Jimin up from his small table.

The restaurant is booked immediately for a party of 13. Their kids grew up together, The Min and Kim parents are the close ones. They might have invited more people such as the other relatives from their families, but the parents think it's nicer to keep it private and casual. They value quality time together. It's more comfortable to talk. Their kids will get their formal farewell party soon anyways.