Chapter 57

We have been on this journey for about four hours now and we were nearing the pathway that will lead us to the real start of our journey. Damon and Aria have been reminiscing about old times and feeling nostalgic while we just listened to their stories. I really couldn't wait to see the castle and how the kingdom is because it is a place rich in history, culture and art and not many get to see it or be born in to royalty or in my case mated to one.

We arrived at the pathway soon enough and we couldn't continue the rest of the journey by car it had to be on foot. I'm not going to lie I got nervous as we were about to embark on the real journey, the journey was just about to start.

We all stood at the entrance and waited for further instructions.

"There's no telling what could happen out there, once we enter their territory they know and since they don't want us there they will want to eliminate us. We are fighting today so our children wouldn't have to and so we can have better lives. We are fighting till death, till we destroy them all." There were series of yeah from the warriors and I admired their courage and bravery to do this. "Let the real journey begin." Damon announced and everyone nodded or affirmed yes in one way or another as we all made our way through the pathway.

We started walking through the pathway everyone at alert and watchful of any suspicious activity. I was beginning to see the castle in sight and it looked magnificent like something out of an old history movie. I stared up at it marveling at the artistic beauty and architectural style and caught sight of a blazing fire shooting towards us. I instinctively froze it mid air and that was when everyone looked up and we saw the sky raining fire.

"Take cover." Damon ordered shouting as people ran around trying to find a place to hide while Sam , Loranda, Aria, Damon and I were at the forefront using our powers to turn the fire to water or freezing it midair.

With the speed and blazing fire it was impossible for it not to burn others alive if we didn't act fast. I quickly created frozen ball shields housing the other soldiers to keep them safe while we dealt with the matter at hand. It was getting impossible for us to keep up because of the rate at which the fire kept coming non stop, it was raining fire and we were also not safe out in the open like this so it was a good thing that we had each other's backs and was watching out for one another. This continued for another two minutes until we heard a loud roar of people charging towards us. The fire ceased at this point as the soldiers of the wolf kingdom charged towards us with their different weapons. This was war, a war that we had to win.

"We need to make our way to the kingdom, they must know we are coming for them and might try to escape." Damon said while setting a group of our enemies on fire before they could even get to us.

"We'll clear the areas we need to go through, we should go now before they move." Loranda spoke up using a heavy gush of wind to throw some men away causing them to hit their heads on trees.

Damon communicated something to his commander of the army through telepathy and then turned to ask me if I was okay of which I nodded. He gave me a small smile as we started making our way past our enemies putting to ruins all those we came across but it seemed like the more we destroyed the more they increased and we didn't have enough men on ground to fight them off.

"I'm going to make an illusion, trick them to thinking that we are here while we actually not and teleport us just outside the kingdom. That should be better."

"Just do anything to get us out of here." Jonathan stated anxious as he kept trying to fight some men off.

The next thing we heard was a poof and we found ourselves not too far away from the castle. Hundreds of wolves gathered around and we were facing them. The wolves looked angry and scary ready to tear us into pieces. The warriors we had immediately shifted too snarling and growling showing off their canines ready to attack. Loranda, Jonathan, Aria and Damon shifted as well leaving just me who couldn't shift and Sam who was a wizard.

"Lee stay close to me, we are covering for them." Sam ordered and I moved to where he was ready to defend and protect our people from any attack.

As if an imaginary shot had went off signaling the start of the battle, the wolves all sprung into attack mode with them preventing us from going in and we trying to penetrate into the castle. No doubt we were outnumbered again but we were still going to fight. It's either we win or we win.

The wolves were fighting and I was soon beginning to see some of our men down. Sam and I were trying our best to keep the casualties as low as possible by helping out those in danger of attacks that they couldn't see but the numbers were uneven. Six wolves to one, the odds weren't stacked in our favour.

"What do we do Sam, if we continue like this all our men will be gone in no time and many of them will still be left." I said voicing out my worries.

" We will have to gather them in a place and light them up." Sam said.

An enemy wolf was just about to pounce on Damon from behind and I immediately used a gush of wind to push it far away along with the others behind it. Things were not looking good, it was as if all the wolves were assigned to Damon as they all kept attacking him. Everyone was doing their best to protect him and that was when the wolves attacked them for trying to come in their way.

"Damon is their target. We need to use him to lure them our way so we can set them on fire." Sam said and I immediately communicated it with Damon who agreed to it. He had gotten a few bruises but was not terribly hurt.

Damon started making his way towards us and they all followed him like bees to honey and it was in this instant we started setting them on fire and when they tried to escape making their way from Damon. Loranda shifted back to human form and joined in as we all began to burn them because that was the only way we could survive it.

Once a larger amount of them had been set on fire it was now easy for the soldiers to battle with them as it was now an equal fight. Seeing that the soldiers now had everything in control. Aria, Damon and Jonathan shifted back to human form as we began to make our way inside the castle.

It was a pity I didn't have the time to admire the intricate detailing and design of the castle as we hurriedly made our way in trying to get to the top tower where the king was likely to be.

Just as we were about to climb the stairs to the tower we heard a loud sound followed by smoke. It was the evil witches, they were here.

Thanks for reading,
I appreciate it, if you enjoyed the chapter please don't forget to leave a vote.
Add to library and reading list, share and recommend to friends as you await a new chapter to be released soon.