Chapter 37

Damon and I were currently in a restaurant having dinner. It was our first date and I was so excited. Maybe he might even mark me tonight. I was looking forward to it. We were both talking about our childhood, things we didn't know about each other and he found out my birthday was a week away. He had said something about throwing me a party but I denied the offer. I hate my birthday, it was the day my life was ruined.

  After dinner we went back home, surprisingly the dinner went well. I was half expecting Loranda to show up but I'm glad she didn't. Damon and I were kissing furiously now, he pushed me to the bed and laid on top of me and my wolf was squealing in happiness. He started trailing my body with kisses and the pleasure was beyond explanation. Why  didn't we do this since?

   "Lee, you have no idea how much I want you." he said sucking my neck.

   "Then have me Damon." I surrendered myself to him to him and our making out got deeper. I want this, to be mated to him, to have his mark on my neck. For him to have me where no one else has.

    And just when I thought he was going to mark me he stepped away from me. What now? If this was Loranda playing jokes on me I won't forgive her for it.

  "What's wrong?" I asked worried sitting upright.

   "I can't do this yet, I'm sorry, I want to do this when the time is right." he said calmly

   "And when exactly is it going to be right? When I'm dead?" I questioned angrily.

   I wanted him to mark me, my whole body was y craving him, his scent was driving me crazy and I wanted more than anything to have his mark knowing he belonged to me, I wanted him to mark me and mate with me. At least I deserved that experience.

   "Don't talk like that." he moved closer to me kissing my cheeks." I just want to make this special for you. I don't want to do anything you'd regret later."

   "I certainly wouldn't regret you marking me Damon. I feel like you're hiding something from me. I don't have a problem with you marking me now, you do." I stated angrily. I know some would think I'm overreacting but I'm not. How much more am I going to wait? We wanted each other, why can't we just have each other then?

   "Believe me I want to mark you Lee... "

   "But... " I added sadly. "Never mind, it's fine. I don't want to know."

   "And I thought this night was going to be different, now you're mad at me." he said taking my hands which I pulled away from him.

"Well I thought it was going to be different too. I want you Damon, I don't know if you're doubting that but I'm sure that I need you and this isn't fuelled by my fear of dying." I admitted and there was a smile on his face

   "I want you in every possible way and I'm going to make you mine soon. I just want it to be special for you." he said and I just nodded not wanting to argue further. Today would have been special for me if he had.

   "I'd go wash up now." I said heading to the bathroom but before I left he kissed my head and gave me a small smile.

     Once in, I decided not to think about anything and just let the water soothe me. I came out and Damon was nowhere to be seen. I was tired and still a little bit mad so I let him be.

      The next morning I woke up wrapped around Damon. I didn't even know when he came in last night. I snuggled deeper inhaling his scent, I couldn't help but wonder how far we'd have gone in our relationship if we weren't so stubborn at first.

    "Good morning beautiful." he greeted with a wide smile on his face it made me smile too.

  We got ready for the day then went downstairs. Everyone was gathered around the table talking, it made me smile. Chase and Aria seemed to be getting along, if the way he held and looked at her was anything to go by. Aria was actually nice, we talked well being the only girls in the group. We shared our experience and struggles with each other and I got to learn a lot about her and Damon. I know for a fact that they loved each other and I envied them. They were so attentive to each other, cared about each other where as my sister is planning to kill me somewhere.

  "Why don't we all go out this Saturday." Aria suggested.

  "Great, we could also celebrate Lee's birthday." Jonathan quipped in.

   "I don't want to. You guys know how I feel about my birthday." I said denouncing the idea.

   "It was the day you were born. The day the moon goddess blessed me with you. It's worth celebrating, if you wouldn't celebrate then let me, because I'm grateful that you were born." the way he sounded made me almost cry but I smile instead and hug him, although that doesn't mean I'm celebrating anything.

   "Come on, you're the Luna. We can announce you as one then and everyone would get to know you. You've never really met people in the pack." Chase said and although his plan was convincing I wasn't giving in.

   "Let's not pressure her about anything." Sam added

    They just nodded and we continued talking about anything. Damon had to leave for a pack meeting. Chase and Aria left for their room leaving me with just Sam and Jonathan. The two people I badly need to talk to.

  I told them about the letter and Jonathan panicked while Sam still kept his face neutral.
"What do we do, we're no longer safe here" Jonathan stated

  "I know, that's why I'm suggesting we leave. I don't want to get Damon and his pack in this." I said calmly, I didn't want people to die because of me, I wouldn't forgive myself for that.

   "It's that what you really want?" Sam questioned carefully.

  "Yes, I've thought about it carefully. That way Damon doesn't get hurt and since we've not mated or marked it would be easier for him to move on if something happens to me. If I stay he'd put himself on the stake for my sake." I said softly, thinking about leaving him was already hurting but I had to do this for the both of us.

   "So when do we leave?" Jonathan asked.

  "On Saturday. " I replied.

  "Seriously Lee, on your birthday? He just told you that it means something to him. You can't just leave him then." Jonathan exclaimed.

  "I can. I'm getting this negative vibes about the birthday. I don't want this one to be worse than the rest." I divulged.

  "It wouldn't be. It could be the best. You're just so pessimistic." Sam said.

  "Well that's coming from a guy who taught me to never get my hopes high and always expect the worst." I retorted.

"Why your birthday Lee, why not sooner?" Jonathan asked and I turned my attention to him.

  "I want to end it the day it all began."