Chapter 14

I woke up to find myself on the bed very close to a rock hard body. I took in its scent and recognized it to be my mate's. I had no idea when I slept but I remember clearly putting up a stack of pillows separating us but now we were so close and I liked the feel of his body against mine. He looked so calm sleeping, one wouldn't know he was annoying and authoritative as hell. I had no idea how his pack stood him but they had no other option.

I knew I should have gotten up and left but I just wanted to stay in his arms cause I don't know when that'd ever happen and I liked the feeling. I wish he wasn't such a douche bag maybe I won't even go in the first place and stay with him knowing I was safe for the meantime but I had to do this, it was what's best for me.

I took in his features, his hair was disheveled and I had the impulse to run my fingers through it. His lashes were long and full and his nose was pointed and his lips, gosh his lips was so tempting and I remembered our kiss, I was so tempted to outline his lips with my fingers but I stopped. He shifted a little and I thought he was going to wake up but he just pulled me closer hold me tightly and I kinda liked it. Having him this close to me holding on to me this way was good but it's a pity that he's not holding on to me. I really didn't want to stay here any more cause I had a feeling that I'd fall and it'd be pretty hard and I don't want that. Besides we'd make it impossible due to our incessant bickering.

I struggled to get away from his grip but it just tightened and I left it at that.

" Please don't leave me. " he said pleadingly. His voice sounded as if he was struggling with his demons but then he's one already or maybe he was begging Cici to stay with him. I got angry thinking it was Cici, I really didn't want to be mistaken for that bitch, no wonder his voice sounded so pleading. I didn't know how the anger took over but I pushed him until he was down on the floor wide awake.

" What the hell was that about?" he shouted sending me death glares.

" You were gripping me tightly and I didn't like that and wanted to get away from you. Instead of holding me like that you could get a pillow if you want to cuddle so much or better still you could get your Cici I bet you both would very much enjoy it. " I said and I knew it was taking all that was within him not to do something rash .

" I don't get why you behave the way you do, oh wait, it's your jealousy that's killing you. I have no idea what gets your panties in a twist but you should keep your bitchy attitude and mood swings to yourself. Cici means nothing to me, neither do you. " he said his anger evident in the way he spoke and walked into the bathroom slamming the door hard.

" You really had to push him totally out. Kudos Lee just when I thought he was getting nice you just have to always open your mouth and ruin things. You have to stop being jealous of his Cici, you're his mate for god sake . He wouldn't dear choose anyone over you and you know it yet you just keep on pushing him out. Kudos to you I don't have the chance to be with my mate. Well done. " she said and backed out not wanting to hear what I had to say and that was when I realized that I had outdone myself this time.

I waited for him to be out of the bathroom while raking my hands through my hair furiously. I screamed in frustration, why did things turn out like this? I shouldn't have said anything and just let him hold me but I was enjoying his touch and I didn't want to get used to that. He came out of the bathroom few minutes later all dressed and didn't spare a glance at me and just left not saying a word. What was I expecting him to say anyway?

I got into the bathroom taking my time to shower, God knows when I'd ever see a bath again. I came out tying his towel around my body trying to find something to wear. I couldn't wear his clothes that's for sure. I didn't want to aggravate him further than I already have. I came out of the bathroom to see the bag our weapons were kept, he really wants me out. Next to it was a pile of clothes which I wore thankful that he at least considered that. I got dressed wearing the beanie after dressing up. I took the bag and walked out of the room knowing I'd probably never be here again.

I walked into the room Sam and Jonathan were and they were ready to leave.

" She finally comes out. " Sam said

" We were going to come get you but we didn't want to interrupt anything. " Jonathan said with a smirk then winked

" You wouldn't have interrupted anything cause there was nothing to interrupt now can we get going?" I said angrily

" Last night got you cranky? He didn't please you much. His scent is good on you you know. " Jonathan continued and I was loosing it.

" You say one more word that has to do with all the stupid things you've been spitting out since and I'd freeze you to death." I threatened.

" Nice try Lee but we both know that you love me too much to do that but you are free to do so as a favour when the vampire clan attacks us. I'd pretty much prefer freezing to death thanks for the idea. " he said and I just got angrier. Surely Jonathan was going to be on my neck through out the day.

" Let's just go now. " Sam said dragging Jonathan with him as we left the room.

" Hope you've said your good byes to lover boy. " Jonathan said

Sadly I haven't and I don't think I could do that. It was better to leave unnoticed .

" Jonathan shut the hell up. You're pissing me off ." I said and he just shrugged

Come to think of it, me leaving without saying a word to him was not actually nice. We may not have had the best relationship but at least he gave me food when I was hungry and clothed me also providing temporary shelter. Although he was annoying as hell, I actually enjoyed pissing him off and he had provided the basic necessities, at least I should be grateful for that despite his behaviour.

You better go tell him you're leaving and better apologize and thank him . Alexis shouted at me. I know she's furious and all but I'm not apologizing not unless he does.

" Thinking about lover boy? " Jonathan asked twitching his brows and winking and I just lost it then.

I slapped the back of his head then tripped him with him landing on the hard floor. I got hold of his hands and twisted it around until he was screaming in pain. " You disturb me again and I'd not wait until we're at the vampire kingdom before freezing you to death." I said letting go of him.

" I have something to do, I'd be down in a few. " I said to Sam

" What, off to kiss lover boy good bye? " Jonathan said and this time it was Sam that smacked him. " Learn to shut up would you ."

I smiled happy at what Sam did and followed my mate's scent to an office. He was alone there so that gave me a tiny courage to knock.

" Who the hell is it, what did I say about disturbing me when I tell you not to bother me? " he questioned angrily and I wondered if I was the one that put him in this mood with my talk this morning.

I opened the door a little and walked in closing it firmly behind me.

" What the hell are you still doing here? " he asked angrily

" Well I just came to say goodbye and thank you for what you've done for me. " I said and his face held no emotion.

" That said you can leave. " he said coldly pointing at the door.

What the hell was I expecting, that'd he'd kiss me goodbye? Oh please, why did I even come here anyway, stupid Alexis for making me do that.

I'm not stupid, the stupid one's you for making him angry all the time.

I ignored her and walked out of his office slamming the door hard, if I mean nothing to him then he means the same to me. What a waste of time.

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

I have a question though, who do you think is at fault for the way they treat each other is it Damon or Lianna?

Who do you think Damon was referring to when he said
" Please don't leave me ". Could it be Lianna, cici or someone from his past?