i. gta driver

i. gta driver
in his past life, jun-min went to
jail for running over gwinam

MA-RI BRUSHES her flimsy bangs away from her eyes and slips on white sneakers. She waits by the hall as her twin-brother fetches their eldest.

"Jun-min." His voice is to the tune of Billie Jean, and his knocks on the oak door to the beat of it. "Stop checking yourself out and let's go."

His voice echoes around the penthouse, "She was more like a beauty queen, from a movie scene."

Min-jun continues, "I said 'Don't mind me, but what do you mean, I am the one?'"

Jun-min swings the door open. "Who will dance on the floor in the round?"

Ma-ri watches her brothers dance together and sing, leaning against the wall while resisting a smile. She prefers to look indifferent—that way, people would never know what her true thoughts are. To them she looks pathetic, like someone whose mind would easily sway, and that's a quick kill for her.

But with her brothers, it is always difficult to keep a straight face. If Dumb and Dumber ever had a renewal, they would be the perfect candidates.

Min-jun skids to a stop before her and points finger guns at her, "Billie Jean is not my lover—continue, Ma-ri!"

"Grow up, losers."

Jun-min only laughs as he swings his keys around. "Always Ma-ri, the killer of moods."

She rolls her eyes. She is responsible, something her brother is not. The world is entertainment to him; a game where he's the key player and everyone else just side pieces; a show where everyone but him turn into man-eating zombies and he fights for his survival (along with the heavy plot armour.)

Contrary to popular belief, Jun-min never grew up. Behind the wheel of the sports car and breezy smile is a boy whose parents never bothered to tend.

Yet every morning, Ma-ri questions how that boy got his license.

Min-jun clutches her arm as Jun-min ignites the car. "Why does he drive like a kid playing GTA 5?" he asks with a distraught face, closing his eyes as Jun-min barely manages to keep to his side of the road.

"It's a miracle he isn't behind bars," Ma-ri replies. The car behind them honks, and Jun-min honks back with a flick of his middle finger.

Min-jun puts a hand over his face. "He's so embarrassing..."

   By the twins' request, he parks a few blocks away from the school. They justify that because no attention is going to be on either of them, Jun-min can have his entrance with his pretentious car.