. . . VOL01 : INTRO

vol01

vol01 . . . intro

   MAN MA-RI IS NO GOD, yet Wujin speaks to her with softness reserved for the Aphrodites, his touch gentle as if her delicate skin would crumble at a mere graze, he would look at her like she is the only one in the world until someone would bring him out of his daze.

   Ma-ri hates it. She is no Greek god, no Aphrodite; she is better, she deserves the world and he gave it to her, but there is always something more she craved. Man Ma-ri means only the best, so it is no surprise that she personifies her name.

   Her ambition is and has always been to be matchless-as per the custom of her family. Her mother, winner of all beauty pageants participated and CEO of Man Entertainment, used to say, Think of the best person you know, and be better.

     She was referring to herself-Man Ji-soo, Korea's Perfection-but her daughter dissents. After all, the best person Ma-ri knows is herself. She survived and her parents did not and that is all the proof she needs.

   Bur even then, she can hear her mother's voice in her head, telling her to always do better, be better. And every time, she complies.

   "Sorry Wujin," Ma-ri says, picking up her bag and smiling softly at the boy. "Let's call it quits."