ii. two words, gwinam

in which gwinam makes an onlyfans

   MS PARK'S drowning voice almost puts Ma-ri to sleep. English Literature is one of her worst subjects, because despite excelling, she has always had trouble reading.

   Ma-ri sighs, a hand supporting her head while the other writes a hit-list. Ms Park's words enter from one ear and leave out the other. "In fact, none of us are completely free from prejudice. We all have preconceived ideas about others..."

   "Ma-ri

   "Ma-ri." The proximity of her voice makes Ma-ri flinch. "Would you like to share your hit-list with the class?"

Ma-ri quickly shuts her notebook and shakes her head. The class are staring at her curiously; Daesu who sits behind her even tries to take a peek.

"Then, focus. Here, 'free from' means the lacking in or unencumbered by. Anyone want to interpret this?" She taps on the board.

Hee-su at the back stands up. Ma-ri notes the sweat on her pale forehead, the girl clutching her stomach in pain, and she frowns. "I need to use the bathroom."

She's obviously not alright, yet is Ma-ri the only one worried. The two are friends, despite Hee-su's reserved nature they would try to hang out during lunch or breaks. But for the past few months, she has been acting so out of it, and it's not like they're best friends so Ma-ri doesn't feel like prying into her personal life.

She slumps back, thinking it would be funny if Hee-su turns out to be pregnant or something.

"Okay, go," Ms Park says. As the girl leaves, she continues to tap on the board with a sigh. "Anyone wanna have a crack at it, huh?"

Ms Park glances over the class, and Ma-ri notices her eyes settling on the class president. Before the teacher calls on her, Ma-ri shoots her hand up. "Yes, Ma-ri?"

"We all have prejudice about others, whether we are conscious of it or not." She adds a count to her tally—leading with sixty-nine vs fifty-three.

Eat that, Prezzy.

"Glad to see you pay attention," Ms Park says, turning her attention to a student in the back. "Next, Bare-su. Stand up."

Ma-ri looks back, noticing the boy stand up awkwardly. She laughs to herself, this is going to be really good.

   "What's with "Bare-su"?"

   "It's short for Barefoot Su-hyeok. Bare-su," Joon-yeong answers.

   Dae-su continues, "He hates wearing socks. He's so weird about it. I can smell it a mile away."

   "So gross," Ma-ri mumbles. "Mr. Athlete's Foot."

   Ms Park laughs a little. "Okay, Bare-su. What did Ma-ri say a minute ago?"

   Suh-yeok looks at her dumbfounded. "Ah..." The class mimics him.

   "She was absolutely correct. A hundred percent!" He smiles a little, content with his answer. Ma-ri rolls her eyes, slightly embarrassed that this loser is who she is competing so hard with.

   The bar for men is beneath hell.

★★★

   "Kill yourself."

Ma-ri never knew she could hate someone so much until she met Yoon Gwinam. Her hatred for him runs so deep the only way to get rid of it is to personally stab him in the eye and feed him to man-eating zombies.

   "Watch your mouth, pretty face." Gwinam plops down in front of her, snatching the juice from her lunch tray and downing it in one gulp.

   She sighs, going back to eating the disgusting mush her school calls food. As she angrily swallows, she feels his intense stare and drops her spoon. "What the hell do you want? I'm not in the mood after what your hydrophobic friend pulled in the nurse's office."

Gwinam furrows his eyebrows. "My friend is scared of water?"

"It means she has rabies, you moron." Ma-ri holds up her wrist, showing off the deep scratches Hyeonju left her while she was just trying to help. She hadn't even bothered bandaging it up and immediately left to get lunch, forgetting about her brother and his valuable study help.

It isn't so much that Ma-ri wanted to help the sick girl (she hated her so much that she couldn't care less whether she died or not, something she'll keep to the grave), but Suh-yeok had rushed to her rescue and she couldn't just sit by idly. Like hell he would be a saviour.

He whistles, leaning back in awe. "Damn, your brother's girl did that?"

Hearing Gwinam say that makes her so much more disgusted than the school food. "Gross. Just tell me what you want."

He shrugs. "On my way to lunch, I saw a very nice car. I—"

Ma-ri jolts up, hands slamming on the table. "You fucking trashed señor's car again?"

She shrinks back when she realises she caught the attention of almost everyone nearby, but keeps a fixed glare on the mullet boy. Min-jun sends her a worried glance, but she subtly shakes her head.

"Bro, I didn't even finish yet."

"You said the exact same thing last time," Ma-ri says, smacking her head against the table repeatedly. "I took the blame because Jun-min is not scared to hit a minor, but this time you're all alone."

   Gwinam puts his hand on the table, pushing her forehead up. "Whatever. Take the blame again."

   She slaps his hand away with a glare. "And why would I do that?"

   "I'm broke."

   "Make an OnlyFans or something."

   He sneers at her. "Speaking from experience, babe?"

   "Don't call me that shit." Ma-ri grips her tray tightly, contemplating whether it's worth it or not to smash it across his face. Knowing Gwinam, either he would hit her back ten times as hard, or he'd throw her off a motel building. And those are the mild options.

   He smiles smugly. "You get angry so easily, it's kind of cute."

"I'll kill you with my Tennis racket."

"I'd prefer a kiss—"

   He stops talking. Ma-ri follows his gaze, spotting her older brother running in their direction with wide, dumb eyes. Behind him is a horde of students.

   "You're so dead. Señor got a whole squad out to get you." Ma-ri smiles.

   It quickly drops when a student jumps another, and bites.

★★★